OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
hardflip
Plunket75
msmith275
dcottingham38
JoeD
lovmilinsig
H338
jimmyduncan23
airborne1968
piola74
reaperm120
rsunday
JKin
sindre bp
kriegsmodell
aussie digger
ladrang
Beppe_goodoldrebel
MyZone
Misanthropic_Gods
JYN
Mercenary25
vicka1971
Nkomo
zvez
Iraqi Militaria
bond007a1
31 posters

Afghan National Army Commando Patches

airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 Empty Re: Afghan National Army Commando Patches

Post by airborne1968 Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 pm

Afghan National Army Commandos of the 207th Corps provide security for an incoming helicopter while conducting an operation in support of the security and stability of Afghanistan in Gulistan district, Farah province, on April 12. (Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force-Afghanistan photo by Spc. Joseph A. Wilson). The image is from 2009.  Note the green bandana used  on the commando patch. Tom

Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 09041210
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 Empty Re: Afghan National Army Commando Patches

Post by msmith275 Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:35 am

airborne1968 wrote:Afghan National Army Commandos of the 207th Corps provide security for an incoming helicopter while conducting an operation in support of the security and stability of Afghanistan in Gulistan district, Farah province, on April 12. (Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force-Afghanistan photo by Spc. Joseph A. Wilson). The image is from 2009.  Note the green bandana used  on the commando patch. Tom

Hi Tom!  You are talking about the bandana on the skull on the red skull & bones patch correct? Dumb question I know, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something!  Thanks, Mark
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:38 am

That is correct.
    Massimo72
    Massimo72
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Massimo72 Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:53 am

Great thread! So many variants.

thank you all for sharing all these patches. Now I'm off searching for one
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 Empty ANA Commando Instructor Patch

Post by msmith275 Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:59 am

Mercenary25 wrote:Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 F910e410
    U.S. Special Forces soldiers, attached to Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force-Afghanistan, prepare to enter and clear a room while conducting a close-quarter battle drill at a shoot house, Kabul province, Afghanistan, Jan. 23, 2014. USSF use these drills to maintain and improve skills during joint operations with Afghan forces. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Connor Mendez/Released)

I have never seen this type of patch before. Shape and tabs are same but interior design is slightly different. Any idea?

Jeez, I was just looking through some Camp Morehead sew shop photos I have and Dope!

For the first time I saw this patch on the wall!  This photo is from 2012 - so the patch at least was around since then. Unfortunately, this variant did not get from the wall, into one of my buddies hands, and across the ocean to me.  Sigh....

I apologize for the photo quality - I tried sharpening it up but it was just a bad photo. I think that's why I overlooked the patch for so long.  The hunt continues. Mark

Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 Ana_cd10
    PathfinderMilitaria
    PathfinderMilitaria
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by PathfinderMilitaria Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Some nice commando patches on this thread. I have that Pirate patch in post #185. is it the Afghanistan Radio patch Velcro backed? im sorry to change the subject but Id like to know more on that patch. some people know I have it and they are begging me to get it.
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:42 am

I've seen this patch around for years but never on a uniform.  However, my 3rd group friend had showed me this pic of an ANA soldier wearing it with a tab in 2004.  Not sure what the tab states. Tom
    Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 P1010410Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 John_m10
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Some Afghan Partnering Unit (APU) items.

Afghan National Army Commando Patches - Page 7 20151110
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Wow, that APU Jacket patch is definitely unusual! Not too often you see a Tier 1 unit making target patches for their backs! I think the APU patch at the bottom is very interesting. That's a variant I have not seen before! Cool!
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:13 pm

The large patch is actually on the front of a t-shirt. I was wanting to take it out of the plastic bag, but would have had to rip the package and didn't want to have to do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:52 am