OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
hardflip
Plunket75
msmith275
dcottingham38
JoeD
lovmilinsig
H338
jimmyduncan23
airborne1968
piola74
reaperm120
rsunday
JKin
sindre bp
kriegsmodell
aussie digger
ladrang
Beppe_goodoldrebel
MyZone
Misanthropic_Gods
JYN
Mercenary25
vicka1971
Nkomo
zvez
Iraqi Militaria
bond007a1
31 posters

Afghan National Army Commando Patches

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Empty Afghan National Army Commando Patches

Post by bond007a1 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Here is the patch of Afghanistan's 1st Commando unit which was US trained....I picked this up at the Show of Shows. I am including a photocopy showing the patch in action that was given me by a man...whose son assisted in the training of the unit...

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1C

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1D

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1A

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1B
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Empty Re: Afghan National Army Commando Patches

Post by bond007a1 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:06 pm

HERE IS AN ARTICLE I FOUND ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THE UNIT

Afghan Army Designates 1st Commando Unit
    Military.com | November 29, 2006
    POL-E-CHARKI, Afghanistan, Nov. 29, 2006 – A 600-man battalion from the Afghan National Army's 201st Corps has been selected as the country's first unit to undergo commando training.

The battalion, led by Afghan National Army Lt. Col. Muhammad Farid Ahmadi, was selected over others because of its high morale and unparalleled esprit de corps, U.S. officials said.

An important part of developing commando capability is training noncommissioned officers who can go back and train others. Each of the five corps in the Afghan army will eventually have a commando unit assigned, and the 201st Corps soldiers train those units, officials said.

The unit's soldiers were evaluated on marksmanship, a timed three-mile run, push-ups, sit-ups, and a rucksack foot march in full battle gear. When the dust cleared, 100 soldiers were selected to receive specialized training.

"I think this is a good recognition, ... that they have recognized me and my battalion," Ahmadi said. "I am very proud."

His soldiers are equally proud and happy to be a part of the battalion. "He's a very good commander; he's professional," Capt. Sayed Naser said. "Since he's been assigned here, there have been positive changes, from physical training to education to professionalism. There is a great positive change. In all the battalion, from privates to NCOs to officers, they are happy with him and his leadership."

The soldiers selected are scheduled to receive specialized training in Jordan for six months, and expectations are high. "With this new training, good equipment, and designation as commando battalion, we will play a greater role in the future and the stability and security of the region," Ahmadi said.

"When there is security there will be reconstruction," he said. "This will lead to good diplomatic relations with the international community as a sound and healthy member. Reconstruction, economy, education, road building, all these things depend on security, and this battalion will play its role in that."
    Iraqi Militaria
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Empty Re: Afghan National Army Commando Patches

Post by Iraqi Militaria Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Very nice Insignia Seems many other nations are using the Velcor system style Insignia

Lorenzo
    Iraqi Militaria
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by Iraqi Militaria Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm

bond007a1 wrote:Here is the patch of Afghanistan's 1st Commando unit which was US trained....I picked this up at the Show of Shows. I am including a photocopy showing the patch in action that was given me by a man...whose son assisted in the training of the unit...

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1C

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1D

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1A

Afghan National Army Commando Patches AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1B

Would be awesome to have a complete Uniform like this!!!

Lorenzo
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Here are a photo I came across on the internet today Jan 18th 2010, showing the patch on both Afghans

Afghan National Army Commando Patches A_u_s_10

zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Empty More Afghan Commando insignia

Post by zvez Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 pm

HI All,
    Just got this pic from Ghazni, a friend is over there with Polish contingent. He's just gotten some nice afghan commando stuff, here's a shot

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Afghan12
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Afghan patches, rank, uniforms, headgear, etc is extrmely difficult to find.
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by bond007a1 Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:39 pm

All I am going to say is nothing...I am too busy drooling & foaming at the mouth....LOL Laughing

I will agree...it is next to impossible to find this stuff!!!!!

vicka1971
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by vicka1971 Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:37 am

Chris,you Killing me affraid Mad
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm not trying to I promise!

Chris

vicka1971 wrote: Chris,you Killing me affraid Mad
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Here's a nice shot of two versions of the commando patch in use

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Afghan10
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:51 pm

and another.Afghan National Army Commando Patches Afghan12
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Saw few of those on ebay. However not sure if they are legit.
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:47 pm

A friend of mine (he's got the afghan digital on ebay right now) has one or two of the commando patches on ebay and they're legit afghan made. That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the tailors, businessman that they are aren't making lots of extras for sale.

This is basically the situation that happened with US army vn made patches during the vietnam war, their was actually a catalog put out where you could order any of a number of vn made US patches for 75 cents to a dollar or so!! Incredible

Chris
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:15 pm

zvev, I'm very interested in a patched/used set. Maybe you can let your friend know?

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm

I have been doing a lot of research lately on Afghan patches and have identified some of the patches below. Patch identification.

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Afghan13

Top row: ANA Commando sleeve title, ANA Commando patch (black and grey variation), ANA Commando sleeve title (Possible 7th Commando)

2nd row: Small ANA Commando patch for wear on cap or equipment, Smaller ANA Commando patch (grey variation) for wear on equipment.

3rd row: Afghan National Commando chest title

4th row: Unknown ANA Commando patch with winged skull (Airborne? SF?), Unknown ANA Commando Eagle patch, ANA Commando fielp operator skull patch

5th row: ANA 7th Commando patch, ANA Commando patch (Airborne? SF?)

The last ANA Commando patch in blue with the parachutists is an odd duck. Most all of the Afghan National Army Commando patches are in a maroon color. This one is on a blue background. Does it have a possible Afghan Air Force connection????

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Untitl10

CAMP MOREHEAD, Afghanistan -- Afghan commandos stand in formation during the graduation of the 7th Commando Kandak Jan. 21. The commandos were trained by Afghan instructors and mentored by U.S., French, Canadian, Jordanian and United Arab Emirates special operations Forces to provide a rapidly deployable light infantry unit to the Afghan National Security Force. (ISAF Joint Command photo by U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Logan Tuttle)

Now...this is an interesting picture. You can see the ANA Commando patch being worn on the armor without the Commando title. Above the ANA Commando patch is the rectangular Commando patch that features some sort of winged creature. Furthermore, if you look at the same same soldier's pocket patch, you can see a sleeve title that is very similar to the one featured in post 20 first row.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 pm

I have identified some more of Zvez's patches on IACMC.

Link: http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t1584-afghan-army-patch-grouping
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Arch glad they arrived and you're happy with them. The blue rectangle patch, It looks like an embroidered parasail, so my thought is it's some sort of sf free faller patch.

You'll note the parachutist embroidered are different colors, possibly grades? Basic senior etc? Who knows.

Chris
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:24 pm

zvez wrote:Arch glad they arrived and you're happy with them. The blue rectangle patch, It looks like an embroidered parasail, so my thought is it's some sort of sf free faller patch.

You'll note the parachutist embroidered are different colors, possibly grades? Basic senior etc? Who knows.

Chris

Chris,
    That blue one has me scratching my head. It very possibly could be different grades.

I sent you a pm on here and IACMC. Thanks!

Arch

p.s. Hope you didn't mind me identifying some of the patches in your pics. Trying to save these for forum references.
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Not at all, we all gain by information.

I'll take a look at things and get back to you about the other patches
    Chris
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 pm

zvez wrote:Not at all, we all gain by information.

I'll take a look at things and get back to you about the other patches
    Chris
    Chris,
    Sounds good. Just let me know.
    JYN
    JYN

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Empty ANAF Patch

Post by JYN Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 am

Well, I just get this patch today which has been brought back from Afghanistan. Patch of Afghanistan's Commandos which was SF US trained. It's look like a variation of the patch on the picture which has been taken in August 2010. Is anyone has a Commando SF patch to compare ?

Jean-Yves

Afghan National Army Commando Patches Anasf110

Afghan National Army Commando Patches _afgha10

Afghan National Army Commando Patches _ana_s10

Last edited by JYN on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Misanthropic_Gods
    Misanthropic_Gods

Post by Misanthropic_Gods Wed May 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Afghan National Army Commando Patches 3ed84475
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed May 18, 2011 3:57 pm

From what I understand, the US Special Forces are giving "extra" training to some of the Afghan Commandos. Here is what Wiki says:

The first Special Forces team finished training in May 2010, the soldiers were selected from the ANA Commando Brigade. The team is based on the U.S. Army Special Forces teams. Initially all the Special Forces candidates will come from the Commando Battalion only requiring 10 weeks of training, after that Special Forces recruiting will be conducted throughout the army, and initial Special Forces training will be 15 weeks. Commando graduates of the special forces course with retain their 'commando' tab and will also have a' special forces' tab on top of the commando tab and they also receive a tan beret. They were attached to teams of U.S. Special Forces operating in Kandahar province in the 2010 operation. In May 2010 the first class of the ANA Special Forces graduated from their 10 week qualification course and moved on to the operational portion of their training. In November 2010, the ANA Special Forces Class 1 received their tan berets in a ceremony at Camp Morehead, Kabul Province, after completing 26 weeks of on-the-job training partnered with U.S. Special Forces. The initial selection involved taking the 145 commandos who volunteered, putting them through a one week qualification process (similar to the one used in the United States), and finding, as in the U.S., that only about half passed. These men formed the first four A-Teams (of 15 men each). Some of them who passed the 1st are being used to help American Special Forces train the 2nd class of candidates.[74] Special Forces soldiers are trained to focus on interaction with the population through jirgas with village elders, but capable of unilateral operations. A second ANA Special Forces class completed training on December 3, 2010.

Please don't bust my balls for using Wiki. I am fully aware it is not a scholary source, but the information here seems to be acurate.

Last edited by nkomo on Wed May 18, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed May 18, 2011 3:58 pm

What I think you have is one of the Afghan Special Forces patches. VERY nice piece. If you run across anymore, I'd would be interested in buying one from you. Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Wed May 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks to M.G for the one you did post. It's seems that there are numerous fabrications for the Commando patch as well as models. I am sure that more SF patches are going to come in the next future.
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Post by MyZone Wed May 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Here is a bring back from a 7th group guy....
    MyZone~

Afghan National Army Commando Patches 101_1020
    Afghan National Army Commando Patches 101_1021
    Afghan National Army Commando Patches 101_1022
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Wed May 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Here's another thread with a number of the variant commando patches

https://oefoif.forumotion.net/t1012-more-afghan-commando-insignia
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed May 18, 2011 7:25 pm

That hat is great! Thanks for asking!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm