OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
173rdvet
aussie digger
Nkomo
7 posters

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles Empty Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles

Post by Nkomo Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 am

Afghan National Army sleeve titles. All are velcro backed. From top to bottom:
    ANA sleeve title on woodland cloth, ANA Infantry tile (version 1) on woodland cloth, ANA sleeve title variation (possible Army Corps ).

The 2nd version of the ANA Infantry title differs from the first version, as the 2nd version has writing on the Afghan flag.

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles 20114213
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles Empty Re: Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles

Post by aussie digger Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 am

Great patches! Hopefully this forum can become an online referance for ANA militaria. As is it would have to have the most info available in one place!
    173rdvet

Post by 173rdvet Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 am

nkomo,
    I was able to trade for one that has a tank on it from an armored afghan unit. Not sure what vehicles they have. I'll take a pic and post it.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:58 am

173rdvet wrote:nkomo,
    I was able to trade for one that has a tank on it from an armored afghan unit. Not sure what vehicles they have. I'll take a pic and post it.

Not sure what they would use either. The ANA has been getting a lot of military assistance from NATO nations.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:37 pm

I am posting this patch for 173rdvet.

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles Photo-11
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Very nice example of an armor sleeve title. Very Happy
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Very cool sleeve patch Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:00 am

Hello,

I just get this patch from a french mentor.

So, I understand that it is another version of the basic ANA infantry title.

JYN

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles Img_1111
    JoeD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by JoeD Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:11 am

Nice patches. They have "job title" patches for all kinds of stuff and different versions of them too. I have some but I don't have access to them right now.

I was just looking through my photos and saw one of a guy wearing that exact Armor patch. I know for a fact though that the closest thing he had to a tank was an old Humvee. I have one of those patches too. It actually phonetically spells "Tank" at the bottom and says "Allahu Akbar" at the top. Not sure if its actually meant for real ANA tank units or not but I know the ANA I was with would get these patches from bazaars and if they liked what it said or looked like, they would wear it. Didn't matter if they weren't Commandos, Snipers or didn't have a tank. Whatever they though was cool was what they wore.
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:00 am

nkomo wrote:  I am posting this patch for 173rdvet.  

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles Photo-11
    Excellent patch. I believe the ANA have only one Armor brigade located IVO Kabul so this is not a common patch and probably harder to find than any of the commando insignia. Now, there might be an armor battalion in the mech brigade as well.
    Tom
    JoeD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by JoeD Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 am

Afghan National Army Sleeve Titles DSCN0437EEE_zps66176e48

Heres the photo I mentioned. Im sure if you look online there will be better ones but this is just something I cropped out of a photo I took. Like I said, this guy is not an actual tanker he just liked the patch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 am