OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni

warloch
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Empty Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni

Post by warloch Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Got this stuff from my father who is currently working at FOB Ghazni as a Polish-American translater/liaison.

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Img_3310

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Img_3311

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Img_3314

Now the patches are quite interesting to me. I believe that all of them except the ISAF and chemical unit patch are theater-made. I do not know what some of them are though. I don't know the full color one with the German Shepard on it or the one with the mountain lion with the number 18 on it. If someone knows what units these are I would love to know.

Then there is the one that says "Banda Lysego" which, thanks to my passive, family speaking knowledge of the Polish Language, I know means "the band of bald ones." Band as is brotherhood or fellowship not musical group. I don't know if this is some sort of morale patch, or if it is a unit's motto or what. It is obviously theater-made but I have no idea what unit it would be attached to.

If anyone knows anything about the patches in question I would love to know what you know!

And also I have another little gem in the set, a Polish IR Flag an extra from a GROM operatoer. My dad has a couple cool friends. Wink

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Img_3315
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Empty Re: Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni

Post by kriegsmodell Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Very nice! Thanks for posting ......

rsunday
    rsunday
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni Empty Re: Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni

Post by rsunday Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Hello
    Nice items!

Field uniform with cloth para wing and 6th Airborne Brigade patch - XI rotation

Green beret - general Land Forces.

Also almost all patches are Polish:
    1st row: general MP patch; unknown; Special MP Unit dog leader; 18th Recce Rgt?
    2nd row: 4th NBC Defence Rgt; Banda Lysego :-); 25th Air Cav Bde (Indep. Air-Assault Group); Special MP unit patch; as written;
    3rd row: TF White Eagle X and XI rotation; IR flag used by GROM; general flag

Greetings
    Rafal
    warloch
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by warloch Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Ok thank you very much for the information Rafal. That clears up a lot! But what about the Banda Lysego patch? Is there any significance to it or is it just a funny morale patch for bald soldiers? Either way its super cool and very rare around where I live.
    rsunday
    rsunday
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by rsunday Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:39 am

Hello
    BANDA LYSEGO is rather funny morale patch.
    Greetings
    Rafal
    warloch
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by warloch Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Ok thanks for the info.
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Polish Signal patch from BAF.
    Tom
    Uniform and Patches from FOB Ghazni New_pa10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 am