OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
mondo_fondo
JYN
JKin
Mercenary25
173rdvet
Ben
MyZone
Misanthropic_Gods
Nkomo
13 posters

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Empty Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam

Post by Nkomo Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Afghan16

Last edited by nkomo on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Misanthropic_Gods
    Misanthropic_Gods

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Empty Re: Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam

Post by Misanthropic_Gods Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:07 pm

I believe this is a special case.....if I remember correctly this is the head of the ANP Special Squad and he is very high ranking. If you look at how tricked out his gear and weapon are, you can see it is essentially on par with American kit (Suunto watch, Oakley glasses, a nice plate carrier, the Picatinny rails on his AK along with an EOTech and magnifier) this is unusual.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Empty Re: Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam

Post by Nkomo Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:23 pm

I agree with you on this, Shane. I do think that certain units in the ANA and ANP are given better gear than others. Many of the ANA Commando units have better gear than the standard ANA units. In fact....did you know that Blackwater sent mentoring teams to help train certain units of the Afghan Border Police? Of course, the bill was footed by the US Government. A member of one of the teams said they wore Multicam sets. Wonder if this could be the case here?
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 am

Interesting to note the scroll/tab he has on his pocket. It says "Special Squad ANP". Definitely something a step up from the run-of-the-mill Border Police unit.
    Misanthropic_Gods
    Misanthropic_Gods

Post by Misanthropic_Gods Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:13 am

here is the caption for your picture

"Afghan National Police Commander Azizullah uses the scope on his rifle to scan the area for insurgent activity along the Afghan and Pakistan border, Paktika province, Afghanistan. 9/23/10"

Here is a second picture
    Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Azizullah1web

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Pg-30-war-criminal_584002t
    Name Azizullah, Commander
    Ethnic backgr. Tajik
    Date of birth 1980
    Function/Grade Paktika Warlord Afghan Guard Force ASG

3. Biodata:
    Azizullah was born 1980 in Urgun District. The head of Afghanistan’s Independent Human Rights Commission Nader Nadery has urged Hamid Karzai’s government and Nato to investigate allegations that the Afghan strongman Commander Azizullah in Paktika Province, who is employed by United States Army Special Forces embarked on a spate of war crimes, including rape, the summary execution of children, and torture (20110323).

The Independent (London) published claims made by a number of independent witnesses – and backed up by several leaked reports including two drafted by UN officials – that Commander Azizullah had exploited his patronage by US Special Forces to wage a campaign of violence against civilians he suspected of sympathising with, or harbouring, the Taliban.

Although a Nato spokesman said the coalition had looked into the allegations 2010 and found nothing, human rights experts say the security force is too often willing to brush aside claims of rights abuses.

Commander Azizullah’s relationship with US Special Forces began in 2001 when he was hired as a mercenary to protect a Special Forces base in Paktika, and by 2007 he had become a commander of some sway. Battlefield reporting published by WikiLeaks noted that he acted with a degree of autonomy, contradicting his own claims.

Azizullah who hails from Paktika Province is operating together with US Special Operations Forces – CIA, Army or Navy is not clear – in the triangle of his hometown Urgun, Barmal and Sarobi, based in Forward Operations Base Shkin south of Barmal and close to the Pakistani border and has ‘launched a two-year spate of violence involving burglary, rape and murder of civilians, desecration of mosques and mutilation of corpses’. Azizullah’s unit is labelled ‘Afghan Security Guard(s)’ (ASG), a term well-known in the areas – sometimes slightly differently called ‘Afghan Guard Force’ (AGF).

A Pashtun cleric said that friction between the Tajik and Pashtun communities in eastern Paktika province, where Azizullah operates, had never been so high.

A Western contractor with first-hand knowledge of the area said: “Tajiks… say the guy is a national hero. [However] they also say, ‘We’ll pay for that’. If the coalition leaves they’ll have to leave too. They disapprove of his actions. If you send a Tajik as sheriff to a Pashtun area you’re bound to fail. It’s a very ethnically polarised area.”
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:45 am

WOW!!! Commander Azizullah has quite a resume for only being 31 years old. I wonder how many of the accusations are truth and how many are Taliban/Al-Qaeda propaganda?

I gather that the wearing of Multicam is more of an exception than a rule. If you didn't know any better, Commander Azizullah could easily pass for a USSF soldier.

Thanks for the great information, Shane. By the way...very impressive you were able to identify all the gear in the picture! Very Happy
    Misanthropic_Gods
    Misanthropic_Gods

Post by Misanthropic_Gods Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:55 am

No problem Arch, I read something about this guy before and it only took me about 10-15mins to track all of his info down.

One thing I noticed, the glasses arent Oakley, they are actually Revision Sawfly's...gotta correct myself there. He also has Bulgarian polymer AK magazines.

Another thing, while he has a nice CIRAS style plate carrier, he seems to not actually have a Ballistic plate in it.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 am

You are correct about not having any plates in the vest! I didn't even notice that!!!
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Post by MyZone Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Quite an interesting fellow....bet he has seen some real heavy action in his day....

I wonder what the price is on his head (Taliban reward) ?

Cheers ~
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 pm

MyZone wrote:

Cheers ~

About 6 goats. Laughing
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:46 pm

nkomo wrote:
    MyZone wrote:

Cheers ~

About 6 goats. Laughing
    That's the equivalent of two cows, if the exchange rate hasn't gone up. lol!
    That is some impressive gear he's got... very unusual kit for indigenous personnel. But then again as commander, I'm sure he's got some great connections for his tactical needs.
    173rdvet

Post by 173rdvet Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 am

I have a ABP uniform that is like our old desert choclate chip pattern. I'll take some photos and post pics of it. I think its what the "normal" border police wear.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:03 am

173rdvet, I'm looking forward to see it. Sounds like a neat piece.

Can you post in the introduction section and tell us little about yourself and what you collect, etc? I bet it would be an interesting introduction because many of us are very interested in the 173rd AB.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 am

173rdvet wrote:I have a ABP uniform that is like our old desert choclate chip pattern. I'll take some photos and post pics of it. I think its what the "normal" border police wear.

Thanks for the information. The 6-Color desert is what the ABP wear.
    JKin
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by JKin Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 pm

ABP is getting new camo.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/10/20/ocp-side-by-side-with-ghostex-kilo-1/

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/10/19/afghan-border-police-adopt-ghostex-pattern/

Hyperstealth also makes Spec4ce which is the woodland/forest camo issued to the ANA.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:20 pm

JKin wrote:ABP is getting new camo.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/10/20/ocp-side-by-side-with-ghostex-kilo-1/

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/10/19/afghan-border-police-adopt-ghostex-pattern/

Hyperstealth also makes Spec4ce which is the woodland/forest camo issued to the ANA.

I think it is in direct response to the number of counterfit uniforms that are showing up over there and being used by the Taliban.

Link: https://oefoif.forumotion.net/t2384-nds-uniform-crackdown
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 am

Hello,

Recruits from Afghan Border Police seem to have this uniform (Photo dated May 2012).

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Abp0111

JYN
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:20 am

Great pic, JYN. The Afghan Border Police grey chocolate chip is still a pattern I am missing from my collection.
    mondo_fondo
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by mondo_fondo Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 am

I sure would like to put his uniform and/or vest in my collection!
    MattD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by MattD Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

I have a uniform from a USSF vet, who worked with Cdr "Aziz". These uniforms were made with a lot of uniforms for Aziz's troops. It is made of "Paki" copy of Mulitcam
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

I tried to zoom in unsuccessfully on that IMO patch. Be interesting to see who that is.
    MattD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Empty ANA ALP Uniform

Post by MattD Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:03 am

This is another RARE "In-country" made Multicam from a USSF NCO. His ODA worked with Cdr Aziz and his unit Afghan Local Police (ALP) as part of the Village Stability Operations (VSO), July 2010-April 2011. Cdr Aziz ordered these for his unit and the ODA jumped on the order. These were made locally with a Pakistan copy of Multicam.

There was about 30-40 sets of these uniforms made, majority were made in the ACU/BDU style cut. 1st lot were made Afghan size and ended being cut into shorts or thrown away.

Some guys did get some pants made in Crye style too.

Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam <a href=Afghan Border Police wearing Multicam Cimg5415" />
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:52 pm

msmith275 wrote:I tried to zoom in unsuccessfully on that IMO patch. Be interesting to see who that is.

Mark, the patch reads:

“IN MEMORY OF SHAHEED SARDAR KIA 26 NOV 2006 ORGUNE SUICIDE BOMBER”

I did not have any luck researching the name or date further but more could probably be located. Orgune is a village in Pakitika Province which is were Azizullah Azizi was born and remains his primary AO. Generally known as Commander Aziz (sometimes General) or colloquially as "Karwan" to his troops. By many accounts dubbed "The Most Dangerous Man in Afghanistan."

The desert scroll reads Pakitika Special Squad ANP.

Lance O. Adams ......

Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:37 am

Appreciate this thread is six years old. However with what is going on in Afghanistan this week, I'm just looking over some of the older threads, to see how this conflict has evolved over the years, as well as our Western interpretation of it.

Looks like Azizullah was killed in 2018:

Afghan officials say an unknown gunman shot and killed Azizullah as he picnicked with his family in Kabul. Interior Ministry spokesman Najb Danish said tcommander Azizullah Karwan had led dozens of anti-Taliban operations. He was killed Thursday night June 28, 2018 in Kabul and had reportedly survived several previous assassination attempts.(20180629)

Source: http://www.afghan-bios.info/index.php?option=com_afghanbios&id=2032&task=view&start=272&Itemid=2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:52 pm