OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

How Do You Store Your Collection?

Ben
    Ben

How Do You Store Your Collection? Empty How Do You Store Your Collection?

Post by Ben Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi all, just wondering how everyone stores their kit... I know some have closets, bins, chests or even entire rooms dedicated to their collection. How does everyone do it?

Please share some photos, it'll be interesting to the different ways we all cope with our addiction, er, hobby. Laughing

Here's a peek into my collection closet (housing my British kit anyway, as it's the majority of my collection). I also keep a mini disposable dehumidifier in it to keep moisture & mildew from developing on the uniforms. I change it out about every 6 months.

How Do You Store Your Collection? 100_1977
    Yes, there's a set of Russian camouflage and 2 striped telnyashka shirts there as well.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

How Do You Store Your Collection? Empty Re: How Do You Store Your Collection?

Post by Easy Gee Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Good idea Ben, I will post some pics of my office/war room soon.. Wink

من السهل جي
    omaha
    omaha
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by omaha Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Ben, it's a very interesting topic, you got good idea Wink

Here mine

Helmets
    How Do You Store Your Collection? Dscf0310

Shirts

How Do You Store Your Collection? Dscf0311

Body armors

How Do You Store Your Collection? Dscf0312

My box full of 1980's 1990's uniform east german stuff and uniform

How Do You Store Your Collection? Dscf0313
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Ben.
    Here's a few shots of my Lid display Wink How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270022
    How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270023How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270024How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270025How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270026

من السهل جي
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 am

DPM storage system....not too good eh Laughing How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270033How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270034

من السهل جي
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 am

Well.....I've been in this hobby for 27 years now and have accumulated a large amount of militaria. Laughing How do I store it? That is a good question. First off, I have three commercial clothing racks (soon to be four) that I hang some of my uniforms on. These are nice because they can hold quite a few uniforms and the weight doesn't damage the metal rack.

I also have three closets that I use to hang my uniforms. The rods in the closet are made of wood, so these do not hold anywhere near the amount of uniforms that the commercial clothing racks do. In the past, I did have an "incident" where the rod in the closet buckled from the weight of the uniforms. I learned that metal is the material you want to use if hanging a substantial amount of uniforms.

I also use over-the-door hangers. These are quite handy, as you can put them over any door and hang about 20-30 uniforms. If you place the hangers correctly, you can fit two hangers on one door, thus doubling the amount of usable space for uniforms or gear. The problem with these hangers is that if too much weight is placed on it, the weld that connects the hanger to the base can come undone. Yes...I know this from personal experience. In my "war room", I have 8 over-the-door hangers and each is full.

For the rest of my items, I store them in large tote boxes. I have each one filled to maximum capacity, so they weigh an incredible amount and are not easily moved. I find that the tote boxes are the most ideal way to store large quantities of items when limited space is available. How many totes do I have? I'm not at liberty to say.

I would post pictures for you all, but my "war room" is quite a jumbled mess right now. I am in the process of moving from a room approximately 100 square feet to a room that is about 400 square feet. Once the room is moved into, I'll be happy to show you how I store my things. Until then, it will have to remain a mystery. Laughing Laughing

Last edited by nkomo on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:24 am

Dammit, Arch, when I see that you posted in this thread, I actually got high hope that you'd post the pictures of dcu heaven. Laughing
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 am

Ben, what a great idea for this thread, I'll post some pictures of my war room.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:31 am

Okay....a teaser just for Merc.

How Do You Store Your Collection? Dscn0010
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:19 am

Well, I've only got a tiny room ,apart from my main loft storage ( damp though), so the plastic storage box system has to work for me, as well as my favourite way to store webbing, and Jackets which take up a lot of room, is Army Kit bags ( Good size) Or even better Royal Navy Kit bags ( Think Huge size) Wink How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270035How Do You Store Your Collection? P7270036

من السهل جي
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:19 am

My war room pictures will show you how I store my stuff. Not as nice because all of my DCU's are just being stacked up.

How Do You Store Your Collection? 008

How Do You Store Your Collection? 007

How Do You Store Your Collection? 006

How Do You Store Your Collection? 005-1

How Do You Store Your Collection? 004-1
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Oh my God, the DPM!!! Gary, if you ever need to offload any of it, you have my address! lol!
    Very nice war rooms, gents! It's neat to see how everyone keeps their kit in order.

PS -- Jeremy, I jumped up when I saw Arch had posted as well. That teaser didn't help either, sir! tongue I'm looking forward to seeing your updated storage facility, Arch.

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 pm

I stumbled across those pictures. It is a hell of DCU collection... I wonder who they belong to. scratch

How Do You Store Your Collection? 00214

How Do You Store Your Collection? 00415

How Do You Store Your Collection? 00314

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:I stumbled across those pictures. It is a hell of DCU collection... I wonder who they belong to. scratch

Oh my.....that was a LONG time ago and many more DCU's have been add to those racks. Believe it or not, that room was my overflow area.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Ben wrote:PS -- Jeremy, I jumped up when I saw Arch had posted as well. That teaser didn't help either, sir! tongue I'm looking forward to seeing your updated storage facility, Arch.

Laughing

Beside, you were supposed to be "My God, the DCU!" lol!
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm

HEY NOW!!!! There is quite a bit to look at in that small picture! You have a modified DCU with a PBPV II in woodland worn with Arabic shemagh, a tactical baseball cap with an original I HEART NY pin, and a BHI Commando chest rig. Did you not see the full color US flag, the theatre made US flags, the theatre made ISAF patch, and the Special Forces tab displayed on the vest???? Laughing

To left, you have an ANA digital uniform and behind it is a Tactical Tailor MAV in ACU (all pouches, combat used). Further back are some modified uniforms and more gear.

In the center, is my Afghan NDS dark tiger stripe and behind that are various other uniforms to include Panama Defense Forces, USAF modifieds, SF gear, etc.

To the right is one of my Blackhawk DOAV's (not for sale), several named Officer DCU's (173rd ABN, SEAL, CAG, etc.) and a ton of SF equipment behind that.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 am

Ben wrote:Oh my God, the DPM!!! Gary, if you ever need to offload any of it, you have my address! lol!
    Very nice war rooms, gents! It's neat to see how everyone keeps their kit in order.

PS -- Jeremy, I jumped up when I saw Arch had posted as well. That teaser didn't help either, sir! tongue I'm looking forward to seeing your updated storage facility, Arch.

Laughing I do indeed Ben , I thought you might like my DPM stash, I have more but it it all packed away in the loft, when I get a chance I will post more pics for ya Wink

Merc and Arch...what can I say I'm blown away Shocked Cool Cool Cool Cool

من السهل جي

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:36 am