OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Iraqi 101st Mountain Division

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
    Staff Sergeant Class I
    Staff Sergeant Class I

Iraqi 101st Mountain Division  Empty Iraqi 101st Mountain Division

Post by Cap Camouflage Pattern I Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Iraqi 101st Mountain Division  5605482431_7232e75d2d_b
    BESMAYA, Iraq --Lt. Gen. Frank G. Helmick, deputy commanding general for operations, United States Forces – Iraq, Command Sgt. Maj. Earl L. Rice, senior enlisted advisor to the DCG-O, USF-I, and Iraqi army Brig. Gen. Abbas Fadhil Abdul Sahib, commander of the IA’s Besmaya Combat Training Center, congratulate two honor graduates of an observer / controller class held at the CTC. The USF-I is working with the Iraqi government to train and develop all aspects of the Iraqi security forces including the army, air force, navy, and federal, oil, and border police and helping them to become a modern and effective security force. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Glen T. Shackley/USF-I DCG-O)

Notice the odd helmet cover with the pocket and the strange assortment of patches, the 101st looks like a error, where all the black is not filled in.
    bryanbg
    bryanbg
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Iraqi 101st Mountain Division  Empty Re: Iraqi 101st Mountain Division

Post by bryanbg Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:52 pm

He's very likely victim of a prank by one of his buddies. We screwed with each other all the time.

I once ate lunch at one of the larger dining facilities on Camp Victory, and afterwords discovered that my guys affixed an "ASS CLOWN" tab to my uniform!
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI

Post by RedLegGI Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 pm

The guy in DCU is Iraqi. Not uncommon at all for them to wear an amalgamation of tabs, patches etc on their uniforms from units they've worked with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am