OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform

taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Empty Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform

Post by taucco Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:24 am

a friend just donated me those from his last deployment he did a as a pathfinder for "Nembo" paratroopers regiment

when italians deployed to afghanistan they initially had the ap98 body armour (nicknamed the turtle) http://www.esercito.difesa.it/Equipaggiamenti/armi_materiali_mezzi/materiali/individuali/nbc/Pagine/GiubbettoAntiproiettileAP98.aspx

Since it wasn't PALS capable the Afghan came to rescue and started making these kits. Note they were only made this way, in Od green with a standard set of pouches (i was told it costed about 90$).
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Fas003
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Fas004
    note the inside is sized for the ap98 soft armor which is one piece jointed at right shoulder
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Fas006
    neck area with zip for neck protector and quick ditch mechanism
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Fas007
    spare pouches and neck protector
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Fas008

these were superseded in 2010 with new issued models.

he also gave me one of his old uniforms. this is a vegetato jacket (italian issue, romanian made Rolling Eyes ) modified with a lot of velcro. also his helmet cover.
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Fas010
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Empty Re: Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform

Post by Nkomo Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 am

Great pieces, Taucco!
    Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform Empty Re: Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform

Post by Blue Devil Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:31 pm

The modified Jacket is very beautiful!
    taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by taucco Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 pm

thanks for the compliments.
    Yesterday i went to a near surplus shop with a friend, the seller had another variation (my friend ended buying it). this is way lower in quality, similar to what all of us expect to see in the lower quality afghan/taliban gear. It has no mesh (instead it has fabric), without quick ditch capability and very bad stitching and materials. I wonder if these are pakistani made.
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform 30032013098
    blue fabric inside
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform 30032013099
    "usa" marked with flag snaps
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform 30032013100
    bad quality
    Aghan made body armour cover and modified uniform 30032013101
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Very interesting! Those buttons are usually seen on Iraqi made pieces from memory but without a tag it is hard to pin down where this one is made. There is definetly a possibility of it being Pakistani made along with Chinese or Afghan.
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by jimmyduncan23 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Nice pick ups, love the vegetate patterns very unique
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:24 am

aussie digger wrote:Very interesting! Those buttons are usually seen on Iraqi made pieces from memory but without a tag it is hard to pin down where this one is made. There is definetly a possibility of it being Pakistani made along with Chinese or Afghan.

I have two provenanced pieces of Afghan made gear and they have the same snaps. However, you are right that those snaps do show up on Iraqi made stuff as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 am