OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Schottzie
kriegsmodell
6 posters

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Empty ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread

Post by kriegsmodell Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Afghanistan National Police (ANP), Afghan National Civil Order Police (ANCOP) is a special police unit developed in July 2006 with responsibilities to provide civil order presence patrols, prevent violent public incidents, and provide crisis and anti-terror response in urban and metropolitan environments.  

ANCOP has an authorized strength of 5400 and is divided into five Brigades stationed in Kabul, Paktia, Kandahar, Herat, and Mazar-i-Sharif.  ANCOP troopers are generally considered a more elite force than the regular ANP and as such are frequently deployed to problem areas and hot spots.  NATO ISAF special operations forces as well as  French Gendarmerie and Italian Carbinieri provide training and serve as advisors to ANCOP personnel.

In addition to the five ANCOP brigades the command also fields a Special Support Battalion made up of a Heavy Weapons Company, a Transportation Company,  a Logistics Support Company, two SWAT Teams and several Explosive Ordnance Disposal Teams.

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Empty Re: ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread

Post by kriegsmodell Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Mvc-0069

Afghanistan made ANCOP patch backed with black velcro. There are several variations of this insignia although all are similar. This is one of the patches visible in photographs of US Special Forces operators from ODA-7316 in the book Gentlemen Bastards. During 2009-10, ODA-7316 deployed to Afghanistan as advisors to ANCOP units in Kandahar Province.

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:33 pm

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Mvc-0070

Afghanistan made ANCOP SWAT Team patch backed with black velcro. The Dari text reads Ministry of the Interior (top), Tactical Operations (above SWAT), Police - Public Law and Order (flag) and National Civil Order Police (below scorpion). A variation patch exists that differs only in the background color of maroon instead of khaki as seen here. The patch above is identified as number 167-74 in the September 2012 issue of the 'Chute & Dagger journal.

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:36 pm

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Mvc-0071

Afghanistan made ANCOP Strike Force patch circa Spring 2011. Suspected to be for an element of the ANCOP Special Support Battalion however this has not been confirmed. The insignia might also have been produced for a special deployment or other operational mission/event. This patch is identified as number 162-100 in the June 2011 issue of the 'Chute & Dagger journal.

There are other ANCOP patches and insignia out there so if you have any variations please post them in this thread. Thanks for looking!

Schottzie
    Schottzie
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Schottzie Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 pm

When I mentored the ANCOP, I remember their favorite patch to wear being......OURS! They would give anything to wear one of our unit patches instead of their own.
    merlin_para
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by merlin_para Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:37 pm

here is mine

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Ni_00410

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:46 am

kriegsmodell wrote:

Afghanistan made ANCOP patch backed with black velcro.  There are several variations of this insignia although all are similar.  This is one of the patches visible in photographs of US Special Forces operators from ODA-7316 in the book Gentlemen Bastards.  During 2009-10, ODA-7316 deployed to Afghanistan as advisors to ANCOP units in Kandahar Province.

What photograph are you referring to? Any chance you have that book?

Thanks in advance.

Fred
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:07 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Gentlemen-Bastards-Afghanistan-Americas-Special-ebook/dp/B008EXK1U4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447639613&sr=8-2&keywords=gentlemen+bastards

DeOpressoLiber wrote:
    kriegsmodell wrote:

Afghanistan made ANCOP patch backed with black velcro.  There are several variations of this insignia although all are similar.  This is one of the patches visible in photographs of US Special Forces operators from ODA-7316 in the book Gentlemen Bastards.  During 2009-10, ODA-7316 deployed to Afghanistan as advisors to ANCOP units in Kandahar Province.

What photograph are you referring to? Any chance you have that book?

Thanks in advance.

Fred
    mitlapass
    mitlapass
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by mitlapass Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello

here is one ANCOP patch for the field jacket and one plate certainly for uniforms.
    Not sure that the "metallic" insignia on the ANCOP cap is really topical, but found like that.

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread 2ilf2m9

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread Vzy5v9

ANP ANCOP Insignia Thread 2ci8m76
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Some great additions there, is the cap marked?
    mitlapass
    mitlapass
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by mitlapass Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:09 pm

hello
    no marking inside.

Regards
    J-Mi
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Interesting, thanks. Iv got the uniform but no cap yet.
    mitlapass
    mitlapass
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by mitlapass Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:30 pm

yes
    I think I was the seller :-)
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:35 pm