OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Iraqi Army Aviation Command Advisor Patch

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Interesting Iraqi Army Aviation Command Advisor Patch Empty Interesting Iraqi Army Aviation Command Advisor Patch

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 pm

This is an Operation New Dawn period patch sent home to me by a friend who was serving in-theate. Unusual and interesting shaped patch and design for the Iraqi Army Aviation Command Advisors. Alternating "spokes" have helicopter designs and Army Aviation missions from the top clockwise: Air Assault - MEDEVAC - Gnd (ground) Attack - SPEC OPS - and ISR. Center has jawless skull design. All of the text is in native tongue as well as English.

Interesting Iraqi Army Aviation Command Advisor Patch Scree149

Interesting Iraqi Army Aviation Command Advisor Patch Scree150

Close-up view of the center design. Thanks for looking!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am