OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia Empty Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia

Post by kriegsmodell Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I recently purchased an extensive grouping from a retired NSW Operator (SEAL). The items span a time period from the late 1980s through OEF/OIF with the Teams and then contracting. Included were a number of insignia items from allied NSW counterparts as well as captured enemy items. With this said, I am looking for assistance with an identification for this piece of metal insignia. Gold laurel wreath with enamel inlay featuring brown crossed rifles over a blue land mass. Primary enamel work is red and there is also a red enamel ring to the top of the wreath. Approximately two inches wide by one inch in height. No hallmarks or other maker information. It appears to be modern (OEF/OIF period). Obverse and reverse photos attached. Any thoughts or information would be most appreciated.

Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia Mvc-0104

Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia Mvc-0105

Many thanks in advance .....

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia Empty Re: Unknown Crossed Rifle Metal & Enamel Insignia

Post by kriegsmodell Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:47 pm

For what it's worth, I have been able to answer my own question:

This is a modern/current issue Turkish Army Commando Badge.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 pm