OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
kriegsmodell
Mercenary25
piola74
Nkomo
aussie digger
MyZone
JYN
11 posters

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch

JYN
    JYN

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Empty 1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch

Post by JYN Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:30 am

Hello,

I found interesting photos and information related to 1st Afghan Commando and the AIDO program.
    Jean-Yves

A US Military Information Support Operations Soldier with Special Operations Task Force – South puts the Afghan Information Dissemination Operation (AIDO) tab on the sleeve of an Afghan commando during the AIDO graduation ceremony held March 6, 2011 at Camp Hero, Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan.
    The AIDO program is a four-week course that teaches commandos how to utilize information operations and counter enemy propaganda. Nine commandos graduated the course that is advised by military information support operations soldiers with Special Operations Task Force – South.

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Aido1101st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Aido210

Last edited by JYN on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Empty Re: 1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch

Post by MyZone Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:37 am

It is interesting how the armies we(the US) train seem to have alot more variations in dress, patches, gear,ect. Not to say the US does not have alot of variations, but we are a larger sized force where lets say the Afghans are fewer with many, many variations.

Just an observation on my part....means more to collect ~ right Like a Star @ heaven
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Empty Re: 1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch

Post by aussie digger Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:45 am

Thank you very much for showing this! Something else to add to the wish list.

Jason
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:47 am

If you want to raise a new army and specially if you create Special Forces even if they are known as courageous soldiers, you need to make them proud of their unit and to have a real Esprit de Corps with more and more patches...
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:32 am

JYN wrote:If you want to raise a new army and specially if you create Special Forces even if they are known as courageous soldiers, you need to make them proud of their unit and to have a real Esprit de Corps with more and more patches...

Couldn't agree with you more.
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 pm

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Aido_110

Another picture of the ANA COMMANDO/AIDO soldier wearing the tab. When I was deployed I have seen two different sizes of AIDO tab and also AIDO unit and AIDO qualifiction patch.
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:40 pm

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Ana_ai10

ANA soldier wearing the AIDO unit patch. The symbols (horse and lightnings) indicate US PSYOP influence.

Piotr
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 pm

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Aido110

And the patch itself.
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:44 pm

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch P1020210

AIDO course qualification patch.
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch P3170410

AIDO tab - big one.
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:51 pm

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Aido_s10

AIDO - small size. Sorry for the quality of the picture, it's the best I have. Anyway the size is the same as the US RANGER or AIRBORNE tabs.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Wow, anyone know where I could buy one of those AIDO tab and patch?

The patch is inspired by US PSYOP MOS badge.
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello,

Great addition to this thread.

Jean-Yves
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:34 am

Outstanding!!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    watsonicding
    watsonicding

Post by watsonicding Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Cool, I want to buy one of these too! What a Face
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 am

watsonicding wrote:Cool, I want to buy one of these too! What a Face

please take the time to post in the introduction section and tell us about yourself.

drewchaneyaustralia
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Empty My collection of Afghan Army AIDO items

Post by drewchaneyaustralia Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:23 am

Good Day Guys n Gals. Here is my collection of Afghan Army AIDO.
    Afghan Army Information Dissemination Operations = AIDO. AIDO incorporates own forces and enemy / insurgent Psychological Operations and Public Affairs activities.
    AIDO is taught / facilitated by US Military Information Support Operations (MISO) forces.

Drew

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Oef_af10
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:39 am

Great patches Drew !

Jean-Yves
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:40 pm

My turn, fellows! I've had it for a while now.

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch 20121110
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Very nice!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Just picked these two patches up today.  The AIDO tab is connected to the commando patch (all one piece).  They walked into my honey hole today from a local "trash collector" who brings in mil items he finds around town which the vets (or their family members) throw out. The owner called me about them and I boughtem'! I don't need two so I'll listing to trade one for the two different psyop horse patches. Tom

1st Afghan Commando - AIDO Program Patch Afg_ai10
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Nice addition there! I havnt seen a one piece patch like this before. I don't have any of the horse patches but if you decide to sell please let me know!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 pm