OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ?

MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? Empty Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ?

Post by MyZone Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Jonathan Idema made a bunch of local (Ft. Bragg) and national headlines early in OEF. I ran across this in my stored away gear and uniforms (I forgot I had this one).

Paramilitary or paintball ? I don't know.....I do now Idema tried hard to sell to the military through Idema Combat Systems (IDS).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Idema

Either way, I've never seen another one of these suits mentioned anywhere (I've had this maybe 6 years).

Any input/comments are always welcome.

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3577
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3571
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3569
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3568
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3567
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3564
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3563
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3562
    Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_3561
    taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? Empty Re: Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ?

Post by taucco Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:12 am

AFAIK idema had both military and paintball products. I have a small photo in a old SOF magazine (3/95) showing a man wearing the classic idema tac vest, a m17 gasmask with a black hood over it and this flighsuit (with the large flap on the right concealing a us flag). the man is armed with a mp5. It is probably an advertising shot.

Other photos of idema items in use are restricted to idema's "employees" in afghanistan. The only military photo i have seen is a 10th SFG soldier in Bosnia wearing a Idema tac vest over Ranger Armor.

BTW, looking at mr. Idema's SF qualification diploma i noticed Charlie Beckwith Signature is very different from the one i have in my autographed copy of Beckwith's "Delta force"
    taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? Empty Re: Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ?

Post by taucco Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:09 pm

very kitsch (the photo was mirrored)

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? IMG-3
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:06 pm

good stuff man..... cheers
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:16 pm

An interesting footnote to this thread.

Mr. J. Idema is now deceased.....made front page of the local newspaper where I live.

http://news.yahoo.com/nc-man-ran-tortuous-afghan-jail-dies-205654344.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Idema

MZ~

Last edited by MyZone on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information added.)
    taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by taucco Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

some photos of mr.idema, advertising a bulleproof vest he marketed. he's wearing old special forces headset and the extra coveted p83 experimental boots (which should led to believe he was still in special forces by that timeframe...his military record states he was kicked out in 1984)

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 1_24486

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 1_24487

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 1_24492
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Well here is a very recent find.....one of Idema Combat System vests. Buckles are dated 93'. Probably one of a few left in the wild....

I picked it up from a third party who stated it came from a guy with previous ties with a unit located at Ft. Bragg.

MZ♠

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_1318

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_1319

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_1320

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_1321

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_1322

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 101_1323
    galvngear

Post by galvngear Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:57 am

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? XDDeCp89U418wg1F9SvQPTrxwtRGrKcthXkrTf0VbXY

Here is one of the vests that I own. Very rugged and still looks like it's new 20 plus years later.
    galvngear

Post by galvngear Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am

Darn it... That didn't work too well... I need to figure this stuff out... dagnabit...
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:31 pm

according to the obit he only served 3 years in the army 75-78, is that enough time to be established in SF?

Interesting that his company logo was the silouhette of a rhodesian soldier ca. 78 the "be a man among men" recruiting poster that SOF released.

As memory serves it was actually originally a one pager in the rhod army magazine and then SOF made a full size poster of it for sale.

Jonathan Idema * Ex-Special Forces * Created alot of headlines around Ft. Bragg awhile back * A piece of his ICS clothing line * RARE ? 6581710
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Galvngear,

Welcome to the forum. Could you post in the introductions thread? Thanks.

galvngear

Post by galvngear Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Mercenary25, done and done. Thank you sir.

Zvez, you are correct sir. the ICS logo was a knockoff of the Rhodesian Army recruitment adds.

galvngear

Post by galvngear Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:14 am

Facebook ICS Page

https://www.facebook.com/IdemaCombatSystems

Hey Guys.
    I have created a Facebook Page for my I.C.S. collection. Above is the link to some of the gear that I already have.
    You are invited to join the page and share an photo of what gear you might have. I have been collecting and using
    I.C.S. gear for over 20 years. Mostly for use in Paintball.

I am still amazed at how well this gear was put together. None of this stuff has been made since the mid 90's and it is still
    durable. Provided you don't grossly neglect it. It should last a life time.

I would love to see what if anything else is still out there! Thanks!

Mike. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:20 pm