OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Empty Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:29 am

I just got this shoulder holster in from my friend in the 173rd Airborne. This is a ANA Officer's woodland shoulder holster that will fit either a Beretta 92FS or one of the large frame Glock series pistols. According to what I was told, the ANA use both the Glock and Beretta. He said he "liberated" this holster from an ANA Officer at one of the outposts he was stationed at during his tour.

If you thought Iraqi holsters were poor quality, just wait until you handle a Afghan made holster! The quality is poor and the "metal snaps" on the magazine portion are PIN-ON!!!!!

Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Dscn2415
    Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Dscn2416
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Empty Re: Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:30 am

Close up of the pin-on snap.

Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Dscn2417
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Empty Re: Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 am

Picture of a similar style holster in use by an ANA Officer.
    Afghan National Army Woodland Shoulder Holster Xin_1911
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:55 am

Hi very interesting holster

Do you know WHERE it's made???
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:13 am

I would imagaine the shoulder rig is Afghan made. The snaps that are "real" are Ocean Brand. There is no manufacturer tags that I can see anywhere. The construction is definitely sub-standard and doesn't look like it'd stand up to harsh use.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 am

I think it's strange that there's no manufacturer tags. It could be made by the USA or any countries from Nato organisations.
    BTW, may be occidental countries try to stand up the afghan economy.
    It's a real nice piece, and I m sure it will find a great place in your collection Wink
    kilroy was here!
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by kilroy was here! Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 am

Nah, judging from the Soviet snaps on the pistol holster I'd really say it's Afghan made, using old stocks and what they can get their hands on.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am

I m not expext on this kind of stuff but it makes sense
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 am

ladrang wrote:I think it's strange that there's no manufacturer tags. It could be made by the USA or any countries from Nato organisations.
    BTW, may be occidental countries try to stand up the afghan economy.
    It's a real nice piece, and I m sure it will find a great place in your collection Wink

It is possible that it could have been given as aid to the fledgling Afghan National Army by the US or one of the NATO countries. For instance, the Afghan National Police were given some much needed body armor by generous companies and police forces from the US.

To me, the lack of a manufacturer's tag makes me think it is Afghan made. Definitely an interesting piece.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks for the replies!
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 pm

An interesting piece Arch, but I'll agree the quality looks like it leaves a lot to be desired.

I like the fake snaps on the mag pouches... quite a nice touch. Laughing
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Ben wrote:An interesting piece Arch, but I'll agree the quality looks like it leaves a lot to be desired.

I like the fake snaps on the mag pouches... quite a nice touch. Laughing

The fake snaps are quite humorous. They are purely decorative and serve no purpose whatsoever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:46 pm