OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Empty Re: French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:51 am

ladrang wrote:Nice shirt, I think this kind of shirt has been used by the french air force members.

Really an interesting piece Wink

Thanks Will.

That is very intersting, I will have to look into this when I get a chance, thanks for looking, and glad you like it Very Happy

I got this one off the same guy as the trousers, it took him a while to get hold of it, but it was worth the wait Cool
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Empty Re: French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 4:31 pm

These trousers are part of a large lot of clothing I have bought from France recently,nothing special apart from my complete and utter love for the design and fit!!!

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Dsc06536French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Dsc06537French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Dsc06538

nico62fr
    nico62fr
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by nico62fr Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 am

Hello

great !

The "HBT" cloth used by the French Army is called "Outre Mer" (or overseas). In the '80s it was called F1 cloth. But this cloth was considered too light and too cold for a use in European Theater of Operations, that it was changed into the F2 cloth in the beginning of the '90s.

During the Gulf War, the camo uniforms used in Daguet were of F2 cloth. The HBT cloth that you have appeared after for use in Desert or hot climate (such as Emirates) and especially by the French Air Force on its base in Afghanistan or Tadjikistan.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:22 pm

nico62fr wrote:Hello

great !

The "HBT" cloth used by the French Army is called "Outre Mer" (or overseas). In the '80s it was called F1 cloth. But this cloth was considered too light and too cold for a use in European Theater of Operations, that it was changed into the F2 cloth in the beginning of the '90s.

During the Gulf War, the camo uniforms used in Daguet were of F2 cloth. The HBT cloth that you have appeared after for use in Desert or hot climate (such as Emirates) and especially by the French Air Force on its base in Afghanistan or Tadjikistan.

Nico, Fantastic I have learned a lot from reading your reply, I am a novice with collecting French uniforms, I hope to learn a whole lot more from you in the near future!!!

I am so glad you have joined this forum, as I need to someone as passionate as you for French items,so I can continue to learn what to look out for when I spend my cash on new French items.

Grand merci Very Happy
    nico62fr
    nico62fr
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by nico62fr Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Hello Gary

it is a pleasure to share knowledge with you, and help you improve your collection !

The boots you'd need to go with the shirt and trousers in "tropical" cloth : mainly worn by the French Air Force. Just picked up two weeks ago at the Calais military stock (39 Eur)

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Ranger12

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 Ranger13

Mine are dated 1999, manufactured by "Marbot" (with "Panama" style soles). Another manufacturer is Argueyrolles, but with a more classical sole.

They can be seen on the French airbase in Afghanistan or Tadjikistan.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Nico.

Excellent tip regarding these Desert boots, I have not seen these before,so for future reference, this information and your pictures will be very useful.

Many thanks, Gary.
    nico62fr
    nico62fr
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by nico62fr Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Gary if one day you cross the Channel and come to Calais, please let me know, I'll show you the military stock where I go, and they have in stock.

Here a picture of the boots worn by ground personal of the French Air Force in Afghanistan. Picture from the website of Thomas Goisque :

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. - Page 2 As_afg10
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Great reference Picture Nico, clearly shows the boots in question and the uniform details!!!

I have friends in France,who I visit regularly, but if I ever decide to cross from Dover and drive down through France to their area, I will give you a shout Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:16 am