OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. Empty French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Tue May 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Guys.

I have literally just picked up this evening a pair French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers, and it was worth the drive I can tell you!!

I will post them up ,when I get the chance, and hope you like em' as much as I do, they are made by Seyntex and made from a Herringbone type material, and were sourced from a reputable collector......watch this space Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. Empty Re: French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Post by ladrang Tue May 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi mate, it could be nice, I m very exicting to see it Very Happy
    Ben
    Ben

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. Empty Re: French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers.

Post by Ben Tue May 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Did you venture through the Chunnel to pick them up or were you able to stay in the homeland? Cool

I'm currently following a listing for these on eBay myself... hope it yields something good.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Wed May 11, 2011 2:31 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi mate, it could be nice, I m very exicting to see it Very Happy

Thanks Will, I'm well chuffed with them,and was equally excited to source the collector,and collect them.

And now they're mine all mine Twisted Evil joking apart ,I will post them soon Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Wed May 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Ben wrote:Did you venture through the Chunnel to pick them up or were you able to stay in the homeland? Cool

I'm currently following a listing for these on eBay myself... hope it yields something good.

Sadly no, I was unable to get anything from France, even though last year I did manage to pick up an F1 lid.
    French Daguet camo is like golddust in the UK,and I dunno why,it's only across the channel???.
    I have asked the collector,to source me a matching jacket,so any luck I will have that too soon,and the set will be complete ..as before as soon as I get a chance to take pics I will post em' up for your viewing pleasure,cheers Ben Very Happy
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Keep us posted mate! Cool
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Ben wrote:Keep us posted mate! Cool

See below mate Laughing
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 pm

I Finally got around to taking photo's of the Trousers, for your viewing pleasure Laughing

Whatcha reckon guys Question

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. P5120010

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 12:28 pm

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. P5120011
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi mate what kind of jacket are you looking for?? I may have an old trade, I will check, Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Pocket detail, of interest is the poppers that are similiar to German,Dutch,etc poppers.

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. P5120012
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 12:32 pm

This kind of buttons is 100% french made Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Close up of Camo 3 colours,and herringbone material...that's it for now,hopefully I will be able to source the jacket and show that one too.. Wink

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. P5120013
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi nice close up, the F2 pattern is made in herringbone material, very ncie pants Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi mate what kind of jacket are you looking for?? I may have an old trade, I will check, Very Happy

Hi Will.

I'm after the F2 Daguet jacket, to match these trews, but as before the guy I got these off,is going to source me one,so I'm good,but thanks for the offer Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 pm

No problem, if you need help, feel free and let me know
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

ladrang wrote:This kind of buttons is 100% french made Very Happy

Ok cheers, just out of interest I also have a Dutch 3 Colour jacket,which is also made by Seyntex ( Belgium) and has the same poppers,so I wonder if all garments made by Syntex,for France, Netherlands, were supplied with these style poppers.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 1:01 pm

I didn't know this information, I think that Seyntex made only for french army
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Thu May 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Good one, Gary. Those are definitely the best-condition daguet trousers I have seen. Are they new?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 1:04 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi nice close up, the F2 pattern is made in herringbone material, very ncie pants Very Happy

ladrang wrote:No problem, if you need help, feel free and let me know

Thanks Will, my Daguet F1 helmet cover is also made of Herringbone material ,I did'nt realise all garments,would be made of this material,I always associate herringbone with US WW2 clothing Wink

And many thanks for the offer of the help, and of course I will let you know Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Ben wrote:Good one, Gary. Those are definitely the best-condition daguet trousers I have seen. Are they new?

Thanks Ben, I don't think they are new, there are signs of fading on the knees etc,and they've been ironed a fair few times, the seller must have laundered them too ,as they are like new.

My guess is they were hardly used,but saying that I've picked up loads of kit in the past ,that has been used in theatre, and have been in remarkably good condition...sadly these Trousers are not marked with a zap number etc, but then I don't think the French mark their kit, I have a CCE F2 jacket that's not marked,but has been clearly used.

Hopefully the Daguet F2 jacket is it's way,so I will be double chuffed then Wink

Thanks Mate Very Happy
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Thu May 12, 2011 3:06 pm

In looking at this pattern, I think I'm starting to see how similar this is to the US 3-colour desert pattern. Interesting how all these camos are somewhat like cousins by way of their designs, eh? Very Happy
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi ben, yes you re right, the french daguet camouflage pattern was used before the US 3 colors even if the US army used it by the end of the war, I means GW1 Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon May 16, 2011 12:41 pm

ladrang wrote:I didn't know this information, I think that Seyntex made only for french army

No worries ,I have Dutch,French and all sorts made by Seyntex, Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon May 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Ben wrote:In looking at this pattern, I think I'm starting to see how similar this is to the US 3-colour desert pattern. Interesting how all these camos are somewhat like cousins by way of their designs, eh? Very Happy

Your right Ben,that's what I get a buzzz out of, buying kit from other nations,and being able to see a clear link between their Camo prints and colours...

I know this may be controversial,but I actually prefer this pattern over US,and UK desert camo....shhh,don't tell anyone about this,"Mum's" the word, yeah!! Laughing
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon May 16, 2011 12:47 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi ben, yes you re right, the french daguet camouflage pattern was used before the US 3 colors even if the US army used it by the end of the war, I means GW1 Very Happy

Now,that is very interesting,I was'nt aware of this...good info Will Wink
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon May 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Easy Gee wrote:I know this may be controversial,but I actually prefer this pattern over US,and UK desert camo....shhh,don't tell anyone about this,"Mum's" the word, yeah!! Laughing
    Heresy! Burn him at the stake! Laughing

No worries, I like lots of patterns as well, some more than others. My logic is that if a country chooses to wear a uniform in a tactical environment, it must be at least somewhat effective (*cough* except UCP *cough*), so each camo has its own quirks. Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue May 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Ben wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:I know this may be controversial,but I actually prefer this pattern over US,and UK desert camo....shhh,don't tell anyone about this,"Mum's" the word, yeah!! Laughing
    Heresy! Burn him at the stake! Laughing

No worries, I like lots of patterns as well, some more than others. My logic is that if a country chooses to wear a uniform in a tactical environment, it must be at least somewhat effective (*cough* except UCP *cough*), so each camo has its own quirks. Very Happy

Laughing Burn me at the stake...or better still send me to the depths of Hades...just let me take my perverse interests in foriegn Camo with me Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 am

Hi Guys.
    Finally picked up the shirt to match the HBT Trousers, this shirt is also HBT material and has a nice clear dated label...enjoy Very Happy

French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. Dsc03615French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. Dsc03616French Foreign legion F2 Daguet Trousers. Dsc03617
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:05 pm

Nice shirt, I think this kind of shirt has been used by the french air force members.

Really an interesting piece Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm