OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe

Bagman6
    Bagman6

3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe Empty 3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe

Post by Bagman6 Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am

Highly recommend if you are ever at Arlington National Cemetery or DC in general take a tour of the Caisson Platoon Stables.  You can't help but leave impressed and motivated.  I know one of the farriers who was kind enough to give me a horse shoe.

(Please see the Ft Myer website for base access requirements and stable tour hours. Don't want anyone using my name in vain if they have difficulties.)

3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe Img_6017

3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe Img_6018

Last edited by Bagman6 on Fri May 22, 2020 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe Empty Re: 3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe

Post by Zeked Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Pretty darned cool Jeff; I will look into it on my next trip there. Given the military likes a label/tag
    on everything I am a big surprised there is no US Army markings on it. Thanks for sharing this.
    Bagman6
    Bagman6

3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe Empty Re: 3d Infantry Regiment "The Old Guard" Caisson Platoon Horse Shoe

Post by Bagman6 Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks Clete. Yeah if your in the area worth doing. Don't want to give to much away but tours do vary depending on who is giving it that day. Done it a few times. They usually do address the last government issued (GI) horse vice today's procurement process. I will say it is a great blend of GS and AD. The GS from what I can tell had been assigned there in the Army and came back as a civilian employee at some point. They really are the continuity. The soldier I know who is one of AD farriers had no experience with horses. He was trained by the GS gentleman who overseas that piece of the pie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am