OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay

cybercarnage
    cybercarnage

Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay Empty Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay

Post by cybercarnage Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Thought I’d share this with you. The RG triangle is too big, and it’s brand new. Every painted RG helmet i’ve seen has at least some wear on it.  

https://www.ebay.com/i/202099173977
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay Empty Re: Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay

Post by Zeked Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for the heads up! Something to note if I run into one again. Thanks!
    Cap Camouflage Pattern I
    Staff Sergeant Class I
    Staff Sergeant Class I

Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay Empty Re: Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay

Post by Cap Camouflage Pattern I Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 pm

pictures from the auction for future reference:
    Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay S-l16010
    Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay S-l16011
    Fake Republican Guard helmet on ebay S-l16012

trenchfoot
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by trenchfoot Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Alright guys, this is my helmet that I am selling. I found the helmet along with some ALICE gear in a duffle bag at a flea market from the veterans wife. She wasn't comfortable sharing his name with me, so i didn't push it. I can promise you guys that this helmet hasn't been messed with by me, but i can't really say if it was before. I bought it cheap so i doubt it. Thanks for hearing me out and i apologise if there is any confusion.
    trenchfoot
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by trenchfoot Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:15 pm

I might as well elaborate more because I don't want to be put under a bad light. I paid $20 for the whole lot, and the wife never even glanced into the duffle bag. The wife mentioned she was moving and the stuff needed to go. I did take a look in the bag before i bought it and I didn't even see this helmet until i got home as it was at the bottom.
    cybercarnage
    cybercarnage

Post by cybercarnage Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:53 pm

trenchfoot wrote:Alright guys, this is my helmet that I am selling. I found the helmet along with some ALICE gear in a duffle bag at a flea market from the veterans wife. She wasn't comfortable sharing his name with me, so i didn't push it. I can promise you guys that this helmet hasn't been messed with by me, but i can't really say if it was before. I bought it cheap so i doubt it. Thanks for hearing me out and i apologise if there is any confusion.

No worries, my posting was more that it’s questionable and it wasn’t meant to reflect anything negative on whoever is selling it. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and when it comes to Iraqi helmets, there really is no guide so to speak. It’s only after seeing so many RG helmets, You start to scrarch your head when you see one that looks really “off” so to speak.

Who knows, maybe the vet bought it from a bazaar in iraq and they painted it up there. And again, maybe it is real but it’s certainly not a “one looker” helmet. It makes me scratch my head a lot.

Either way, I’m glad we have a good place on here to discuss this stuff.
    trenchfoot
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by trenchfoot Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. I understand you weren't trying to be negative to me. I like to be an honest guy so I felt the need to explain a bit about the helmet. It is pretty clean for a bringback, but I've seen weirder stuff than this while collecting. It is funny that you mention there being no particular guide to Iraqi helmets, as I am actually making a reference website on Middle Eastern gear and uniforms, and there's a big section dedicated to those on it. So far I've almost finished the Iraq and Saudi Arabia sections.
    BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Post by BM Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:42 pm

trenchfoot wrote:Thanks for the reply. I understand you weren't trying to be negative to me. I like to be an honest guy so I felt the need to explain a bit about the helmet. It is pretty clean for a bringback, but I've seen weirder stuff than this while collecting. It is funny that you mention there being no particular guide to Iraqi helmets, as I am actually making a reference website on Middle Eastern gear and uniforms, and there's a big section dedicated to those on it. So far I've almost finished the Iraq and Saudi Arabia sections.

I'm glad to hear that someone else besides me are getting some books out there on Iraqi Militaria.
    Bob
    trenchfoot
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by trenchfoot Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

I know right? There's already a market for that stuff and no guides out there. My website is a guide to identifying a particular piece of gear or a uniform to a certain country. Many middle eastern countries used similar patterns of gear, for example, the grey 6 color chocolate chip uniform or MARPAT copies, and the website explains how to tell which country used it. Ill post a link when I finish it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm