OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border

Automatic
    Automatic
    Corporal
    Corporal

Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Empty Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border

Post by Automatic Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 pm

A recurring feature I have noticed among purportedly Afghan-made patches is a translucent, fishing-wire style thread around the border. A couple of my patches have this style thread, so I’m curious: is there a reason for this? I faintly remember a thread in which this was brought up, but have had no luck finding it. Here are some close-ups:

These patches came from seller pcpainting70 on the 'bay (My first online buy besides on here). I messaged him to ask if he knew anything about the history of these patches, but there was no reply. Being that I am new to Afghan patches, I am not sure on the authenticity of these.

Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Scan_212Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Close_11
    Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Close_10

The patches in the next two pictures are from the Afghan Patch Rescue Mission (I'm proud to have them in my collection!), so I don't doubt their authenticity.

From Kabul
    Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Scan_210

From Bagram
    Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Scan_211

What do you guys think?
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border Empty Re: Afghan Patches with Fishing-Wire Border

Post by MyZone Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Never seen that before.....
    MZ♠

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:07 pm