OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
mrrandom
msmith275
Ewart
aussie digger
Zeked
Bopcop
10 posters

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches

Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Empty Re: Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches

Post by Ewart Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Now onto some USA made examples all of these have the makers details on the back.

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_2815

The Department of Homeland Security ICE patch is made by 'Squad Room Emblems' of Port Angeles, WA
    The US Department of Justice Attorney patch is made by Kokopelli Traders Inc. of Plantation, Fl.
    The QRF patches are US Marshals Service, Special Operation Group also made by Kokopelli Traders. The colour one is no. 19 of 100 and the subdued one is no. 93 of 100.

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_2816

The Special Inspector General Afghanistan Reconstruction is a US body which conducts audit, inspections, and investigations to promote efficiency and effectiveness of reconstruction programs, and to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and abuse of taxpayer dollars. SIGAR also has a hotline that allows individuals to report suspected fraud.

SIGAR's mission is to "promote economy and efficiency of U.S.-funded reconstruction programs in Afghanistan and to detect and deter fraud, waste, and abuse by conducting independent, objective, and strategic audits, inspections, and investigations". - from Wikipedia

This patch is made by Capital Emblems

The Federal Air Marshal patch is another example made by Kokopelli Traders and is numbered 76 of 150.
    bluesteel
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Empty DEA plane

Post by bluesteel Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:02 pm

DeOpressoLiber wrote:Here's one of my favorites: "FLINT 42 DEA air support", locally made in Afghanistan.
    I'm not sure what kind of support it did though. Looking at the size of the plane i guess recon?
    this is the first one i've seen. That's why I obliterated a part of the patch.

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Dea110

The plane is a Beechcraft King Air 350 DEA flew it over to Afghanistan they were using it for cell phone intercepts throughout the country working with the Afghan CNPA Counter Narcotics Police Afghanstan the NIU SIU teams. thye based it out of KIAI first brought it over in 07 I think
    bluesteel
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Empty Re: Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches

Post by bluesteel Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:04 pm

DEA Beechcraft King Air 350 woeking with the Afghan Counter-Narcotics Police CNPA NIU - SIU teams doing cell phone intercepts for Narcotics operations based the plane at KIAI
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:03 am

Its been a while:

Afghan made DEA Kabul Country Office patch

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Image14

Iraq made DYNCorp Iraq Civpol training team

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Image15
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:59 am

I have seen the Dyncrop before but not with a team ID number on it. Nice additions!
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 am

Cheers Clete, I think I bought the Dyncorp one off this forum. The DEA one is a recent addition from BOPCop.

Are they displaying normally for everyone as they are displaying differently on my iPhone/iPad.
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 am

Both pics show fine for me and as expected. But I am using a 24" monitor w/a Win 10 computer so they should be showing as posted for me.
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:42 pm

It seems to have been a bit slow on the collecting front over the past few months, however a few patches have been picked up:

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_4210

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_4211

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_4212

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_4214

Afghanistan NIU, Counter Drug -Narco, DEA, US Military Narcoterrorism Patches - Page 3 Img_4213
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:31 pm

I knew the embassy had a lot of different patches but never saw one for the air wing before let alone another one for Air for the State Department. Nice combo!
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:31 am

Embassy Air is run by DynCorps providing a airline service to the State Department. Here is an article on them:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/22040/u-s-secretary-of-state-rides-in-gun-toting-embassy-air-helicopter-in-afghanistan
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 am

Ewart wrote:Embassy Air is run by DynCorps providing a airline service to the State Department. Here is an article on them:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/22040/u-s-secretary-of-state-rides-in-gun-toting-embassy-air-helicopter-in-afghanistan

Interesting article; almost two decades in and still an unsettled situation. The article has some good links in it as well. Thanks for posting it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:31 pm