OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project

MichaelH
    MichaelH

Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project Empty Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project

Post by MichaelH Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 am

Hello everybody,

I have registered to this forum because I have found two interesting photos of the Grease Gun in Afghanistan via Google Wink 

I'm a German collector of WW2 weapons and as a hobby I'm writing articles for German and foreign collectors magazines from time to time ... and I have written two books in the past years.
    At the moment I'm working on a German-language book about the American submachine gun M3/M3A1 "Grease Gun".

One chapter is about the use in foreign countries. China and Argentina made copies of this weapon and it was also used in the Greek Civil War and with the armed forces of the Philippines.
    Now I'm looking for photos showing the weapon in other countries and that's how I found this forum.

If anyone of you has photos of Grease Guns used, captured or found in Afghanistan or other countries and he would like to share them with me for use in my book, I would be very happy to hear from you.

Of course I'm also interested in any photos showing the weapon in use in American units at home (like the National Guard, etc.).

Many thanks in advance and best wishes from Germany
    Michael Heidler

(My little website: codebuch.jimdo.com)
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project Empty Re: Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project

Post by Darktrooper Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:15 am

MichaelH wrote:Hello everybody,

I have registered to this forum because I have found two interesting photos of the Grease Gun in Afghanistan via Google Wink 

I'm a German collector of WW2 weapons and as a hobby I'm writing articles for German and foreign collectors magazines from time to time ... and I have written two books in the past years.
    At the moment I'm working on a German-language book about the American submachine gun M3/M3A1 "Grease Gun".

One chapter is about the use in foreign countries. China and Argentina made copies of this weapon and it was also used in the Greek Civil War and with the armed forces of the Philippines.
    Now I'm looking for photos showing the weapon in other countries and that's how I found this forum.

If anyone of you has photos of Grease Guns used, captured or found in Afghanistan or other countries and he would like to share them with me for use in my book, I would be very happy to hear from you.

Of course I'm also interested in any photos showing the weapon in use in American units at home (like the National Guard, etc.).

Many thanks in advance and best wishes from Germany
    Michael Heidler

(My little website:  codebuch.jimdo.com)

Welcome to the forum, please post an introduction in the introduction section of the forum.
    MichaelH
    MichaelH

Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project Empty Re: Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project

Post by MichaelH Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:35 am

Hello, I have just done it. I was busy with reading in the forum Embarassed 
    Very interesting to read about all the experiences.

Cheers
    Michael
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:00 am

If someone gives you a photo for the book are you going to be crediting them in the book with the photo. Some people on this forum (myself included) are a little leery of people asking for photos and information to include in a book. It wouldn't hurt to credit folks for helping you, just a little constructive advice.
    MichaelH
    MichaelH

Post by MichaelH Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:14 am

Well, yes of course I will put he source in the caption of the photos. Sorry that I didn't mention it, but for me it goes without saying.
    I have always mentioned the contributors in my articles and books (except if someone does not want to be mentioned with his name).

jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by jimmyduncan23 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:30 am

Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project Greese10Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project Boston10Looking for Grease Gun photos for book project Masuar10
    these are my personal photos, sorry for the bad editing of them for the forum.
    MichaelH
    MichaelH

Post by MichaelH Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:51 am

Thank you! Interesting photos with the M3A1.
    Don't worry about the editing, my focus is on the weapons only Wink 
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by jimmyduncan23 Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:04 am

no worries I have the unedited ones, if you want to use them let me know and I can talk about what to leave out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am