OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Needed with Book Project - USSF Group Insignia (Post 1975) - Volume II !!

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Help Needed with Book Project - USSF Group Insignia (Post 1975) - Volume II !! Empty Help Needed with Book Project - USSF Group Insignia (Post 1975) - Volume II !!

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 pm

This may not be in the best place so moderators should feel to move same if needed.

I suspect that many of our members are familiar with the reference work The Collector's Guide to US Special Forces Group Insignia (Post 1975) by Harry Pugh, Gary Perkowski, and Len Whistler. Published in 2004, this is really the only reference that I am aware of the covers these post Vietnam USSF insignia. Since 2004 there has been a virtual explosion of new insignia fueled at least in part by the multi-theatre GWOT. The ongoing addition of a fourth battalion to each SFG has also contributed to the increase in new ODA and ODB team patches and other insignia. Work is in progress for a second volume of the original work to address new insignia as well as anything missed in the first publication.

I am assisting Gary Perkowski who asked me to distribute the following requests for information:

- Looking for any/all photographs of ODA or other Team patches or insignia in wear (understand PERSEC/OPSEC and no problem if operator faces are blurred or blocked)

- Looking for information regarding the Campaign Credits & Decorations (post Vietnam) for the 1st Special Forces Regiment

Any/all information will be considered to include, internet/web links, personal knowledge, public domain, etc. Anything will help. Those contributing will be acknowledged in the book when it is published. Please send me a PM here if you have any information that might be of assistance. We can then exchange emails and I will push the information on to Gary. Great opportunity to here help with a reference work to address a very significant period of SOF history. Many thanks in advance for your assistance ......

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 pm