OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
P-E
miles82
Blue Devil
7 posters

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake?

Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Empty Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake?

Post by Blue Devil Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me these objects belonged in his opinion to know well the Iraqi dictator.Were given to him by an officer of US Marines who have taken in 2003.Now,I'm not able to say whether they are good or not,so I was wondering what do you think.The photos I made with the mobile phone and are not the best.The base of the straps is made of cotton while the band is in purple velvet cloth.I ask if he can serve the rank and unit of the Marine who found them.Thanks in advance,Alan.

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Sh110

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Sh210

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Sh310

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Sh410

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Sh510

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Sh610
    miles82

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Empty Re: Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake?

Post by miles82 Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 am

Iteresting.... but is it of republican guard?
    Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Empty Re: Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake?

Post by Blue Devil Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 am

No,Saddam Hussein personal shoulder boards,if original!? Question
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 am

They have a similar design to the ones Saddam Hussein used...I've done a quick research, and it exists some models and variants on official pictures.

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Article-0-005773E500000258-864_306x423

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Saddam0

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? Saddam+Hussein+

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? 00003OBK46GQG1T2-C116

Saddam Hussein shoulder boards & cord,real or fake? >http://www.manions.com/priceguide/realize1.aspx~id~6048729

Based on the pictures I posted, the construction of your shoulder boards looks different so they are not original in my own opinion. But I seriously doubt you'll have a confirmation one day that they are an original (or not) pair of Saddam Hussein personnal Shoulder Boards...This is the kind of items that had been intensively reproduced and sold a souvenir in many bases. Some Iraqi stuff had been reproduced (including the Fedayeen helmets, insignia, medals,...), so you can't be sure.
    Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Blue Devil Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you so much for the information and pictures posted.I'll try to give me the straps again to take pictures with the digital camera.In the meantime,I can tell to the officer of the the Marines who took them.Thanks again P-E.
    cybercarnage
    cybercarnage

Post by cybercarnage Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 am

Any personal belongings to Saddam Hussein are generally not able to be conclusively verified unless you have rock solid provenance. I think of it as being kind of like something related to Hitler, there's a lot of it out there but it is still faked quite a bit. Just based upon visuals, I would say no to the shoulder boards, and as for the lanyard I really am not sure.

I hope this helps!
    Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Blue Devil Thu May 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Many thanks for your answer! Wink
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Also if you compare your set to the pictures I think the wreath around the crossed swords on your pair are too narrow compared to the pictures. One other thing that sticks out (to me) is the set up have does not seem to be good enough quality. A dictator like Saddam is going to have higher quality uniforms, boards, hats and so on. I just dont see him having a set like this; I could be wrong but I have handled enough high end stuff to know that dictators, generals and so on have high quality uniforms. My opinion only of course. Thx
    Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Blue Devil Fri May 17, 2013 2:51 pm

I have the same opinion Zeked! Very Happy
    ScottG
    ScottG
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by ScottG Wed May 29, 2013 9:07 am

While some goods points have already been made, the most glaring error has been totally overlooked here. The shield in the Iraqi coat of arms has either three vertical (pre 1991) or three horizontal (1991-2003)stars. The boards shown here have only two like Syria... Scott
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Wed May 29, 2013 10:25 am

Great catch Scott!! I did not even think to look at those details. Thanks for pointing that one out!
    PaulR
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PaulR Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:43 pm

No good. Heck... if there are stars present on the crest of the eagle, there should be three, not two. These are made like known reproductions.
    Blue Devil
    Blue Devil
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Blue Devil Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:48 am

Thanks again guys,I have already returned to the owner.
    Regards,Alan.Wink 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:42 am