OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms Empty Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms

Post by Nkomo Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 am

This is an all black Iraqi SOF uniform set.

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms 00234

This is the new brown digital pattern also used by the Iraqi SOF.

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms 00326

Close up of the pattern.

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms 00518
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms Empty Re: Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms

Post by kriegsmodell Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 am

Arch, i'm sure you know this but the black sets were worn by USSF advisors as well. Same with the blue/gray/black digitals. The brown digitals were probably worn as well but I do not have direct evidence to confirm. Just fyi ......

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms Empty Re: Iraqi Special Operations Forces Uniforms

Post by Nkomo Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am

kriegsmodell wrote:

Arch, i'm sure you know this but the black sets were worn by USSF advisors as well.  Same with the blue/gray/black digitals.  The brown digitals were probably worn as well but I do not have direct evidence to confirm.  Just fyi ......

I did know that and knowing where these sets came from, the chances of them being worn by a US advisor is actually quite high.  

To take this a little further, the Afghan woodland and Afghan woodland digitals are also worn in the field by US Special Forces advisors working with the ANA.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm