OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches Empty Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 pm

I've been after this one patch for a quite time now then at sudden I got four different varieties. (One of them came from Chris, thanks!)

There are few different color variety in this type of patch I've seen so far:

-Blue hood
    -Gray hood
    -Tan hood
    -Brown hood (Not own it yet)
    -Desert subdued

There may be more. If you have patch like this, or have a picture of it being worn, feel free to post it here!

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches 31473974
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches Empty Re: Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches 00318
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches Empty Re: Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches 32430010
    BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Post by BM Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:25 pm

One more for viewing.
    Bob
    Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches Sf_gri10
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks for adding the brown hood variety!

Do you have any more information behind those patches?
    BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Post by BM Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:42 am

Mercenary25 wrote:Thanks for adding the brown hood variety!

Do you have any more information behind those patches?

Information is darn hard to find on patches. I don't have anything else to add except they are
    post 2003 Special Forces patches.
    I had asked my friend in Iraq about some post 2003 patches he had sold me and he said that the people
    who made them weren't allowed to give out information to civilians. So apparently if you don't have a
    need to know, you won't get any information.
    Bob
    taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by taucco Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 pm

want to have a laugh on this?
    a close friend of mine, which lives about an hour from me here in italy, (collector, too) owns an embroidery shop which makes a lot of work for military personnel. Thanks to the web and the worldwide shipping he has not only customers between italian soldiers, but also US personnel (think USMC flight badges, tapes etc..).
    Circa november 2013 he made twenty or so patches (and some embroidered hoodies with the same design) identical to those (black and white with gold hood) at request from a non special force unit (which i can't remember as of now) and sent those directly to FOB Lindsey in Afghanistan.. Smile
    these could be easily identified due to quality manufacturing and materials (real cordura, velcro brand hoop, military grade thread ecc...)
    i can't remember whether he made them with merrowed or cut edge (i think it was cut, but i may be wrong)
    ...he gave me one of the pre-production samples he made.
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm

could you scan front and back of the patch please? I'm sure it's significantly better quality than the iraq made.  I've had and handled thousands of Iraq made patches and it's pretty easy to see the differences in construction. Always like to see pics of variant (I like to call them "commemorative" rather than fakes as I think it's geared towards a different audience).

Post 2003 Iraq insignia is fun because of so many wild variations, and early on amazing at how tarted up some of the iraqi troops would look with myriad sf and abn patches on the uniform.

Here's a pic of variant 8 Iraq Div ca 2004-5 SF unit: one of my favorites

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches Iraqsfbrian4

Iraqi Special Forces "Grim Reaper" patches IA_SF_brian3smblinded

I was lucky enough to meet up online with one of the US guys that helped train them and was able to give me lots of info as well as photos of the patch being used.

taucco wrote:want to have a laugh on this?
    a close friend of mine, which lives about an hour from me here in italy, (collector, too) owns an embroidery shop which makes a lot of work for military personnel. Thanks to the web and the worldwide shipping he has not only customers between italian soldiers, but also US personnel (think USMC flight badges, tapes etc..).
    Circa november 2013 he made twenty or so patches (and some embroidered hoodies with the same design) identical to those (black and white with gold hood) at request from a non special force unit (which i can't remember as of now) and sent those directly to FOB Lindsey in Afghanistan.. Smile
    these could be easily identified due to quality manufacturing and materials (real cordura, velcro brand hoop, military grade thread ecc...)
    i can't remember whether he made them with merrowed or cut edge (i think it was cut, but i may be wrong)
    ...he gave me one of the pre-production samples he made.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 am