OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers?

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers? Empty iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers?

Post by kriegsmodell Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Hello all,

Two patches that came in a large grouping of insignia that another member here was so good to send home to me from OIF. I'm thinking this may be from our UK allies if for no other reason that the Union Jack in the background of #1. Both patches have very similar wording:

PSD SET33 & Iraq - one has team Outlaws and the other Hired Guns

iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers? Mvc-0138

iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers? Mvc-0139

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers? Empty Re: iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers?

Post by Easy Gee Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Very cool patches mate.

I have a thoery for you, PSO ...Private security operative, maybe working for the British firm Armor Group or similiar. Wink

من السهل جي
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers? Empty Re: iraq Theatre Made Patches - Help Needed Perhaps From Our UK Brothers?

Post by zvez Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Nah, I think it's PSD _ personal security detachment, here's a blurb on them

http://www.usf-iraq.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=6554&Itemid=18
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah, on closer inspection the first patch does look more like PSD than PSO, but why the union Jack, on a US patch...the mystery remains!!!!

من السهل جي
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Sorry friends for the quality of the pics but I can assure you they are both PSD. And thanks to all for the comments .....

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm