OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Easy Gee
JYN
6 posters

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan

JYN
    JYN

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Empty OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan

Post by JYN Sun May 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Operational Mentor Liaison Teams or OMLTs

OMLTs are the equivalent of US ETTs (Embedded Training Teams). They are deployed under the NATO ISAF.

Their job in Afghanistan is to assist in the training of the ANA. The OMLTs from the TF Lafayette is linked to the 3rd Brigade of the 201st Corps of the Afghan National Army in Kapisa and Surobi.

OMLTs from the 2e REG
    OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Omlt2610

Basic patches in different versions and sizes
    OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Save0012

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Empty Re: OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan

Post by Easy Gee Sun May 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Excellent patches again, thanks for sharing Wink

A little off topic, but these guy's are both wearing baseball caps ,with what appears to be a rank on the front,are these issue caps, Question
    JYN
    JYN

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Empty Re: OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan

Post by JYN Sun May 15, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't think it is. Even, the Légionnaire on the right has a US Army rank on his cap ?!

Last edited by JYN on Sun May 15, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sun May 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Every soldiers from any countries wear US rank, it was asked thy the US Forces in afghanistan and others overseas missions, so I wore my rank with an US rank Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun May 15, 2011 3:30 pm

You wore it when you were working with US Forces ?
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sun May 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Yes exactly
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon May 16, 2011 12:31 pm

JYN wrote:I don't think it is. Even, the Légionnaire on the right has a US Army rank on his cap ?!

ladrang wrote:Hi Every soldiers from any countries wear US rank, it was asked thy the US Forces in afghanistan and others overseas missions, so I wore my rank with an US rank Very Happy

Very interesting info guy's, why would the US insist on other nations wearing their style of rank??
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon May 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Because they don't know all foreign countries rank, sometimes it s very helpful. I think it s just the rules with Nato Organisation Adminsitration Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

ladrang wrote:Because they don't know all foreign countries rank, sometimes it s very helpful. I think it s just the rules with Nato Organisation Adminsitration Very Happy

Good point,that makes sense too have an easily identified rank system, clever stuff Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 19, 2011 4:50 pm

A french foreign Legion, I have not more information about which unity, juts enjoy!!

[url=OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Img_5910]
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm

OMLT 2 (see patch) arrived in Afghanistan in September 2007. Mainly composed of mountain troops; elements of 13e BCA, 27e BCA et 93e RAM and elements of the 2.REG. I do not see really the insignea on the beret but as it is a gold one and as the only Foreign Legion in the OMLT 2 is the 2.REG...
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Hello,

Get this new patch/tab in my collection. Normally worn over the FRANCE or TF LA FAYETTE patch.

Jean-Yves

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Omlt11

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Omlt210
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Great information and patch Jean-Yves as ever, I particularly like the Ref pic, as it clearly shows the felin uniform off ( I want a set), and is that guy wearing Lowa Boots, are the French issued with Lowa's or do you think it was a private purchase Question
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Gary,

Private purchase are common in French Army and Foreign Legion as soldiers were not happy of the standart army pair of boots. Lot of problems with feet and heat forced a lot of soldiers to replace them.

Concerning the Felin set, prices are going down as the new version (the T4) is arriving on the market. I know a guy which was selling a used set for around 60 €.

JYN
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:38 pm

For information, here is the T4

JYN

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan T410
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 am

Many thanks for the information regarding the prices of Felin uniforms Jean-Yves.

Again your last photo shows off some lovely details of the T4, definitely want a set !!!
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:04 am

Hello,

Here is the patch worn by French instructors as well as other menbers of the coalition force which are mentoring soldiers from the 4th ANA Brigade.

Here are the low visibility and desert versions .

Jean-Yves

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Img_1114

Here are some examples of the desert version worn by menbers of the French Foreign Legion.

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Omlt0010

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Omlt0011

Australian soldiers in this case

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Omlt4a10
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 am

I have included the desert version of the OMLT patch in my last post. Enjoy

JYN
    Afgha-Kev

Post by Afgha-Kev Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 pm

In complement of JYN post, 3 frames received this day:

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan 100_3527
    OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan 100_3528
    OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan 100_3529

Kev
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Kev',

Great frames linked to the French Foreign Legion ! Bravo !

JYN
    miaped

Post by miaped Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:19 am

OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan <a href=OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Mini_962496omlt3rpima2012" />

3ème Rpima OMLT 2012
    miaped

Post by miaped Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:59 am

miaped wrote:OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan <a href=OMLTs (ETTs) Patches worn by French Forces in Afghanistan Mini_962496omlt3rpima2012" />

3ème Rpima OMLT 2012

http://coinstroupesdemarine.jimdo.com/

msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Excellent research photos to go along with these great patches. Well done! Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 am