OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
rsunday
usall
aussie digger
Mercenary25
P-E
MyZone
Easy Gee
ladrang
US0844
JYN
14 posters

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan

JYN
    JYN

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Empty Re: French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan

Post by JYN Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:01 pm

This is an official patch, made in Belgium, which was worn and issued to 7.BCA personnel on the field for six months. I paid mine 25 Euros directly from a veteran who was just coming back from Afghanistan last month.

This is not a morale patch neither an unofficial patch and when you are a collector, you have sometimes to think fast in order to judge if it is going to be harder to find this kind of good quality patch in the near future. We'll see, anyway. When first patches appeared, they were sold for more than 40 €.

On another hand, it is true that for this price you could catch few patched DPM.. lol!

Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Empty Re: French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan

Post by Easy Gee Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 pm

JYN wrote:
    This is an official patch, made in Belgium, which was worn and issued to 7.BCA personnel on the field for six months. I paid mine 25 Euros directly from a veteran who was just coming back from Afghanistan last month.

This is not a morale patch neither an unofficial patch and when you are a collector, you have sometimes to think fast in order to judge if it is going to be harder to find this kind of good quality patch in the near future. We'll see, anyway. When first patches appeared, they were sold for more than 40 €.

On another hand, it is true that for this price you could catch few patched DPM.. lol!

Jean-Yves

Very, very true Jean Yves, I pay no more than 5-6 GBP, for a Patched DPM jacket, if you ever visit England,you could buy a truck load, and take them back to Paris Laughing
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    JYN wrote:

Jean-Yves

Very, very true Jean Yves, I pay no more than 5-6 GBP, for a Patched DPM jacket, if you ever visit England,you could buy a truck load, and take them back to Paris Laughing

I agree with you mate, I can pay 10$ for a special US or Canadian patches, but no more. With this price, I mean 40 euro, I could visit you guys Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:18 am

Here is the BATTLE GROUP ALLOBROGES tactical patch worn until May 2011 by 7.BCA personnel

Blue and Yellow are traditional colors of french mountain troops

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Allobr10

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Allobr11
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:20 am

JYN wrote:Here is the BATTLE GROUP ALLOBROGES tactical patch worn until May 2011 by 7.BCA personnel

Blue and Yellow are traditional colors of french mountain troops

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Allobr10

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Allobr11

Very cool Patch Jean-Yves, I also note the Alpine troop is wearing the Tri-colour national flag in non-subdued colours Cool
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:53 am

Gary,

In fact , the Task Force La Fayette Tri-colour french patch as BG ALLOBROGES was belonging to this TF.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 am

Hi JYN, great patch indeed, thanks for posting
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 pm

JYN wrote:
    Gary,

In fact , the Task Force La Fayette Tri-colour french patch as BG ALLOBROGES was belonging to this TF.

That's cool, it' s great see the national colours in all thier glory Cool
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 pm

The Battle Group RAPTOR began his summer mandate in Kapisa last May.

A friend of mine who is a reporter just offered me two patches. He was among them two weeks ago and went in operations with them also in order to publish few articles in his spezialised magazine.

BATTLE GROUP RAPTOR

This 850 men' Battle Group is mainly composed of french paratroopers of the 1er Régiment de Parachutistes (1.RCP) which is located in Pamiers (South of Toulouse).

Other elements are soldiers from : 35e Régiment d'Artillerie parachutiste (35e RAP), 1er Régiment de Hussards parachutistes (1er RHP), 17e Régiment de Génie parachutiste (17e RGP), 132e Bataillon Cynophile de l'Armée de Terre (132e BCAT) & men of the 35e Régiment d'Infanterie (35e RI).

- The Patch
    The patch is made in Afghanistan. In the middle, the symbol of the 1er RCP in black and the "Rapace" in brown. The patch is worned on the right shoulder but could see also on the left side.

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor17French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor16
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor15
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor11

- The Tab
    Note that they also produced a rectangular Patch/Tab BG RAPTOR with borders Blue and Yellow (1st RCP insignea traditional colors).

Here is a patch which is combining the tab, the french flag and blood rhesus.

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor18

Evidence of the BG RAPTOR tab under the RAPTOR patch
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor13

Insignea of the 1er RCP
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor19

Last edited by JYN on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi JYN, you have very interesting patches, I like all the Airborne unities, All the way, Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:01 pm

I could understand it. The 1er RCP is the first french parachute regiment which was formed in North Africa on 1st May 1943. Traditions are coming from pre-WWII Groupements d'infanterie de l'Air. It is why the color of the wings are blue in the insignea.

JYN
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:30 pm

More cool patches and info, as well as the pics, thanks J-Y.

Again it's great to see the tri-colour on display Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi folks, got it this morning, nice felin shirt in 3M size, full patched, shirt used by a 1LTN from Foreign Legion 1St REC (cavalry regiment) with a La Fayette patch and ISAF patch. Feel free and post your comments, Wink

[url=French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Dsc01244]

[url=French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Dsc01245]

[url=French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Dsc01246]

[url=French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Dsc01247]

[url=French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Dsc01248]

[url=French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Dsc01249]
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Cool one, ladrang! Where did you find this one? Finding european ISAF uniforms are almsot impossible.
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Cool Well, I guess it is coming from France... 1er REC homebase and sold by an ex- 1st REC menber ?
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Cool one, ladrang! Where did you find this one? Finding european ISAF uniforms are almsot impossible.

Hi merc, thanks, I get it to the source from a 1st REC officier, you ve right it's very hard to find one, and this one came back from Afghanistan, so I think it's a great piece for me, used, faded, Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 pm

JYN wrote: Cool Well, I guess it is coming from France... 1er REC homebase and sold by an ex- 1st REC menber ?

Hi JYN, you absolutely have right, it came from Orange, French Legion base, I can,t give you any other informations about his owner, Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:40 pm

It is coming 10000% from the source. The seller is an ex - Caporal-Chef from the 4./REC who did Afghanistan, Mr E.B is a romanian native and he used to sell a lot of foreign legion kits specially Felin patched uniforms (normal his job was fourrier - military habringer ?). I guess he is helping some comrades to get rid of their uniforms ... ?
    JYN

ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi JYN, that's an amazing information, he didn't wanted to get me any informations about him, so now a have a little bit more informations about this jacket, except it's the wrong rank Crying or Very sad

I need to find its pants, now Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 am

In the past, he already sold a Lt Col one and various set of patches, green berets, foreign legion sport's kits... I have an eye on his sales for a while and I have in my relation an ex-officer from the same coy who knows him very well and told me about the fact he was in charge of the unit equipments and uniform's shop. By the way, considering the fact that patches are really expensives here and probably the fact that Felin uniforms did not reach your local surplus stores yet; you did really good !
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:25 am

[quote="JYN"]In the past, he already sold a Lt Col one and various set of patches, green berets, foreign legion sport's kits... I have an eye on his sales for a while and I have in my relation an ex-officer from the same coy who knows him very well and told me about the fact he was in charge of the unit equipments and uniform's shop. By the way, considering the fact that patches are really expensives here and probably the fact that Felin uniforms did not reach your local surplus stores yet; you did really good ! [/quote

Hi JYN, I have sent some emails to him but no answer, I will get an eye on him to see what he sell,

BTW, thanks for the information Wink
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:03 am

JYN wrote:The Battle Group RAPTOR began his summer mandate in Kapisa last May.

A friend of mine who is a reporter just offered me two patches. He was among them two weeks ago and went in operations with them also in order to publish few articles in his spezialised magazine.

BATTLE GROUP RAPTOR

This 850 men' Battle Group is mainly composed of french paratroopers of the 1er Régiment de Parachutistes (1.RCP) which is located in Pamiers (South of Toulouse).

Other elements are soldiers from : 35e Régiment d'Artillerie parachutiste (35e RAP), 1er Régiment de Hussards parachutistes (1er RHP), 17e Régiment de Génie parachutiste (17e RGP), 132e Bataillon Cynophile de l'Armée de Terre (132e BCAT) & men of the 35e Régiment d'Infanterie (35e RI).

- The Patch
    The patch is made in Afghanistan. In the middle, the symbol of the 1er RCP in black and the "Rapace" in brown. The patch is worned on the right shoulder but could see also on the left side.

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor17French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor16
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor15
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor11

- The Tab
    Note that they also produced a rectangular Patch/Tab BG RAPTOR with borders Blue and Yellow (1st RCP insignea traditional colors).

Here is a patch which is combining the tab, the french flag and blood rhesus.

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor18

Evidence of the BG RAPTOR tab under the RAPTOR patch
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor13

Insignea of the 1er RCP
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Raptor19

In the second pic it looks like an Australian DPCU 200 round mag on the gun!
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:17 am

3ème RAMa Patch - Battle Group QUINZE DEUX Summer 2011

Hello,

Here is a new patch related to the Summer Mandate 2011.

The Battle Group QUINZE DEUX was the GTIA SUROBI this Summer. It was articulated around the 152e RI (Régiment d'Infanterie).
    Other units are 19e RG (Régiment de Génie), 3ème RAMa (Régiment d'Artillerie de Marine). Armored vehicles were coming from the 35e RI and the 1er RCH (Régiment de Chasseurs).

Before the deployement, "Marsouins" from 3ème RAMa searched on internet and on a Militaria Collector's forum they found an example of a patch related to Operation Serpentaire. They did some changes and get this patch produced; 240 in colour and 60 in Black and White. It is a patch made in France rather smaller (7,5 cm) than a patch made in Afgha'. The character is Scrat from Ice Age who is holding an artillery shell. Bags at the shell bottom are Bleu, White and Red.

Jean-Yves

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 3ramal10

Patch they get inspired by ...

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Serpen10
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 am

hahaha, this patch is realy cool ! Laughing
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 am

I like it also specially because it was offered by a menber of this unit who gave me all precious information related to the story of this patch.

I have seen some patches with other movie or comics characters as Smurfs for example...

Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 pm

RATM one of my favourite bands from the 90's great patch too Cool
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 pm

BATTLE GROUP BISON (Summer 2010)

This 800 men' Battle Group as GTIA Surobi is mainly composed of soldiers of the 126e Régiment d'Infanterie which is located in Brive.

Insignia of the 126e RI.
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Bgbiso11

Other elements are soldiers from : 31e Régiment de Génie(31e RG), 68e Régiment d'Artillerie d'Afrique (68e RAA) & armored elements from 35e Régiment d'Infanterie (35e RI) & 1er RIMa.

Here is the tactical patch.

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Bison110

French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Bison010

Task Force insignia in Afghanistan
    French Patches from SGTIAs - GTIAs/BATTLEGROUPS in Afghanistan - Page 2 Bgbiso10
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Very cool J-Y, what is the significance of the Bison??,great Patches J-Y as always Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Hello Gary,

Buffalo !

Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:20 am

JYN wrote:Hello Gary,

Buffalo !

Jean-Yves

Cool,Is the Buffalo significant with Brive, I am always interested in French culture/Military symbolism's Question

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 am