OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers?

PriorityOne
    PriorityOne
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers? Empty Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers?

Post by PriorityOne Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 am

Got a bunch of these with bring backs from Desert Storm. Looking for any info on these covers, I can not find anything about them out there. This is the only picture I have right now but I can take some more tonight. Thanks

Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers? Dsc_0021
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers? Empty Re: Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers?

Post by Ewart Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Before Desert Storm, we Brits, sold a load of our four colour desert DPM stocks to Iraq.

Camo looks very similar to that pattern.

First one on the desert pattern here:

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=United_Kingdom

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:28 pm

It kind of reminds me of the 36th Commando pattern but that wasn't created until 2005 so that's not an option...
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:17 am

Just a thought but could they be Kuwaiti Army helmet covers? Their shape does not look like any of the covers I have from Desert Storm. None have the Velcro tabs sewn to them, instead they have a draw string. I would like to see the shape to see the type of helmet they would cover. They look like they were made for a PASGT helmet. FYI, the 36th Commando used Lithuanian or spot camo. Lastly, are you certain they are from Desert Storm (1991) vs OIF (2003 and often called Desert Storm II) ? I only ask because a lot of people, including vets, get the name of the conflict wrong all the time. Tom
    bryang
    bryang
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by bryang Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:11 pm

I brought back a former-UK style uniform from Desert Storm.  I recall it was an issue at the time that the British troops deployed to the Saudi desert had a rough go of it due to lack of hot weather uniforms.  Ironically, hot weather uniforms had been sold to the Iraqi military quite some time before.

I found this in an empty Iraqi bunker.

Desert Storm Iraqi Helmet Covers? 20140519_195941[/url]
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by jimmyduncan23 Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:13 am

nice find mate

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm