OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY

ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY Empty patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY

Post by ladrang Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 am

Hi Folks, I m sure I m not in the right topic, but I m seeking for the image of the 761st chemical company patch. I googled it I didn't find it so if somebody could help me in my research. Thanks
    Misanthropic_Gods
    Misanthropic_Gods

patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY Empty Re: patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY

Post by Misanthropic_Gods Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 am

Edit..im wrong

What era are you looking for, current?
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 am

It was a part of the 14th Engineer Battalion, 555th Engineer Brigade I think, so they worn this patch :

patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY 555eng

But well, it's depend which era, because it was also attached to other units, like by example 101st AB,...see : http://www.tim-thompson.com/gwob18corps.html

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am

Hi PE, Thanks for this information, I told you and I tell you again, you are the best. Any way, I have no idea if the guy was attached to another units, I have bought a set from a guy who served in the 761st chemical company, there were not patches sewn on the sleeves so I have no idea. Thanks again for your help it s always appreciated.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Thu May 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Misanthropic_Gods, I m looking for current era. Sorry for not reply sooner
    xjaztek

patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY Empty 761st Chemical Company

Post by xjaztek Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 pm

I was part of the 761st Chemical Company based (1989-1992)out of Ft Ord, CA. 7th Infantry Division Light assigned to the 14th engineers. Our company was sent to the Persian Gulf in the First Gulf War and attached to 101st Airborne Unit. We had the 101sy as a comabet patch and Norcom as out Unit patch. We were a 100 man unit. Trained to decontaminate Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Agents. We were a light company with Humvess to smoke blowing machines and had trailers that carries Sanators (DecCon equiptment).
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Many thanks for your comments about this company ! If you've pictures of your deployment, feel free to post ! Very Happy

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi folks sorry to not reply sooner, I totally agree with PE, it will be kind if you could post some pics of your deployment
    mharmon

patch from 761ST CHEMICAL COMPANY Empty member of the 761st during desert storm.

Post by mharmon Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:48 pm

I saw the patch you have shown. I believe this patch is when the 761st got reassigned to ft. lewis, WA.

If you would like to see a jpg of a Class A uniform with all of the 761st patches during the 89 - 92 time frame let me know and ill send a pic

thanks,

Michael Harmon
    SPC4
    cherinmikeaz@gmail.com
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi thanks for sharing it with me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 am