OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Nkomo
usall
ripcord56
Mercenary25
RedLegGI
Zeked
Alec51198
11 posters

How to store BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's

Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

How to store BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's - Page 2 Empty Re: How to store BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's

Post by Zeked Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:21 pm

bryanbg wrote:I bought several of those extra large Ziplock vacuum seal bags, layed my folded items within then sealed shut.  These I then put in large plastic totes for ease of stacking.

Good idea, how many uniforms do you get per bag? That is a good space saver for long term storage. Thanks. Clete
    Automatic
    Automatic
    Corporal
    Corporal

How to store BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's - Page 2 Empty Re: How to store BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's

Post by Automatic Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:35 pm

OP great collection, thanks for sharing!
    bryanbg
    bryanbg
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by bryanbg Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Zeked wrote:
    bryanbg wrote:I bought several of those extra large Ziplock vacuum seal bags, layed my folded items within then sealed shut.  These I then put in large plastic totes for ease of stacking.

Good idea, how many uniforms do you get per bag?  That is a good space saver for long term storage.  Thanks. Clete

Clete - The number of uniforms in the bag will depend on the size ZipLock you get. I inadvertently got a few of the XXL sized ones and found that they were actually larger than what I really needed. Now they're great if you want to lay out uniforms in a spread-out manner, vacuum out the air and slide under the furniture, or one on top of the other in a closet.

These XXL sized bags are sort of a very large square.

However, I found that the Xl or L were better suited because they were more rectangular, and better suited to placement into a large plastic tote when the air is vacuumed out.

I haven't, as of yet, stored any of the GWOT uniforms I have - As I've only recently started to buy them up. I've got the majority of the uniforms I wore between 1980 and 2008, and - up until very recently - hadn't really given much thought to keeping and collecting GWOT-related stuff.

What I do have a lot of, on the other hand, are vintage U.S. uniforms (WW2 to Vietnam), which I've carefully folded, stacked and vacuum sealed in the large ZipLocks then stored in large plastic storage totes. These uniforms are of heavier materials, tend to be a bit bulkier, and many have metal insignias (pins, rank, ribbons, etc) affixed to them.

A word of caution: I've found that on occasion the ZipLock vacuum seal bags will undergo the seal being broken (if they're stuffed into a larger container, as an example), and air will refill the bag. Just have to make sure that the zipper is re-secured and air re-vacuumed.

Best!

Bryan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 pm