OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia

squirrely
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia Empty Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia

Post by squirrely Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Recently purchased an early GWOT ODA team patch for very, very cheap from ebay seller freedomfifty2k. Seller was very responsive, as well as having a large number of harder to find patches in his store - this was the first indicator. What also concerned me was that parts of the patch for auction do not quite match the known original posted on this forum. Still, the price was low enough, and the seller was located in Canada...now, interestingly enough, the item is shipping from the Philippines. Needless to say I made the buy knowing that it was likely just to fill a hole in the collection, but do be aware of this store. Any other thoughts on this patch?

http://stores.ebay.com/freedomfifty2k?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

"I have just received payment confirmation. Your order will be mailed to your address via PhilPost Air Mail Service first thing Monday morning (Post office is closed for Easter).

From the Philippines the normal time for an order to reach destination in the United States, Canada or Europe is between 8 to 12 business days.

Thank you very much, your fast payment will be noted in my feedback.

Online stores:

Ebay: freedomfifty2k
    Delcampe: freedomfifty2k (French & US Military, RCMP, SCUBA)
    eCrater: http://bob1084.ecrater.com/
    Mascoo: bob82ndabn (French & US Military, RCMP)

Thank you very much,
    Robert

PS: Every week I add new listings to my eBay auctions and store. Consider adding me to your “Favorite Sellers List”.

- freedomfifty2k"

Ebay Item:
    Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia T2ec1610

Known Original Patch:
    Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia Scree110
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia Empty Re: Vietnam-style patches from SE Asia

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 pm

I have a bad feeling about this one.

The seller sell ODA patches for too cheap, it is one of red flags.

I believe the original patch is made in Afghanistan only and in small number. The patch doesn't look like theater made. I may be wrong though.

Item shipped from philippines is another red flag. It could be where they make patches for cheap.

Now, I may be wrong. But I never buy ODA patches on eBay because it is a minefield. 90% of them are fakes.
    oldfireguy
    oldfireguy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by oldfireguy Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 pm

99% of Vietnam in country made patches on ebay are fakes coming out of Vietnam, Philippians, Thailand, or some other place overseas.

Unless it's a well known seller of VN era patches and without a doubt you know it's real, shy away. Once clue is if it is being sold at "Buy it now." Walk away. Those patches bring in hundreds of dollars for the real thing.

Hands down it's a fake. PM me if you want some vendors you can trust.
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 am

Hi,

When you have a look at the patches he is selling, you can clearly have no doubt about the fact he is selling reproductions and fantasy stuff. All the French stuff including the WWII WSS unit CHARLEMAGNE is pure repro. If it was good one, surely, he had used the bidding option. Nice patch to fill a hole on a kid' jacket.

JYN

downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:54 pm

I too have been watching this bloke's patches on ebay.In the early days his patches were obviously original Philippine 80,s-90's made overruns and surplus ordered by US servicemen assigned in the former US bases in the Philippines .I believe he' a US retiree that got beaten by the GWOT greed bug.
    Sad...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:00 pm