OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

RT Aries patch ?

RT Aries patch ? Empty RT Aries patch ?

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi all,

I recently received this interesting patch from a guy who's an OEF vet.
    He had no idea what it whas or who worn it, so i have absolutely no idea what this is.
    The 3 flashes look like those of the US SF insignia, but that's just a shot in the dark.
    Maybe anyone has an idea ?
    At least it looks like it has been made locally.

Thanks!

Frederik

RT Aries patch ? Img4361zu
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

RT Aries patch ? Empty Re: RT Aries patch ?

Post by Darktrooper Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please post an introduction in the introduction section before continuing to post.

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Are you in USSF?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:57 am

No, unfortunately not.

Frederik

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Any ideas ?

Frederik
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:04 pm

I think this may have something to do with the USAID Afghanistan Rural Investment & Enterprise Strengthening (ARIES) program. Not sure what, if any level of military involvement is part of this program. From the USAID Afghanistan web site:

The Afghanistan Rural Investment & Enterprise Strengthening (ARIES) program helps to expand access to financial services in underserved regions, particularly in the Alternative Development Program (ADP) areas. The program’s objective is to create a strong private sector foundation for a sustainable, market-driven finance system consisting of different types of financial institutions capable of providing a range of financial services and products, including Shariah-compliant loans. ARIES-supported institutions serve a variety of businesses, from microenterprises (households and smallholder farmers) requiring loans of $1,000 or less to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with a capacity to create a significant number of jobs.

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    texcen
    texcen
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

RT Aries patch ? Empty If this was the Vietnam War Era,

Post by texcen Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:59 pm

RT ARIES would have been a special forces or Ranger patch for Recon Team Aries. Now, interestingly about this patch, you have also the general idea of a compass rose so directional. I am unaware of any recon team in that era being ARIES (however could have been) and also, do not know of any more current use of the Recon Team designation. Perhaps, if there was something like that in the Vietnam Era, someone had it made to commerate Dad or Uncle Joe or someone he looked up to. No Help really just some thoughts and perhaps someone will find something new to think of and solve this for you. Good luck. Very nice looking patch by the way.
    TEXCEN
    drewchaneyaustralia
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by drewchaneyaustralia Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:24 am

The patch belongs to a military Civil Military Cooperation / Civil Affairs unit working in an inter-agency Agriculture, Rural Investment and Enterprise Strengthening Program (ARIES) in Afghanistan.
    Unit part of the reconstruction effort trying to ensure that PRT's leave a lasting legacy and when you pull out a regional economy is viable.
    All part of the hearts and minds campaigns.
    DREW

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Thank you all for the comments so far (I know... i just saw this a year after the facts).
    The design really reminds me of ODA344 "RT Carolina", however.
    Am I the only one seeing this?

RT Aries patch ? Pp-sf-10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm