OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
airborne1968
Zeked
Baker502
7 posters

Show of Shows

Baker502
    Baker502
    Corporal
    Corporal

Show of Shows Empty Show of Shows

Post by Baker502 Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

Any of the modern collectors going to SoS this yer? I am bringing some seal gear to sell, and I am curious to know if its worth hauling it down? Thanks Pal
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

Post by Zeked Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi,
    I am going to attend the SOS. There is some interest in modern stuff there but not nearly as much as WWII collectibles. SEAL stuff should sell reasonably well but that is not certain; there is just not a huge collecting community like for other eras.

The SOS is larger this year and there will be more dealers but if they are modern era is hard to know. I wish I could tell you for sure you would sell it all but not possible. I do know one thing though, you cant sell if it you do not bring it along. Take some pictures and show them around and if you get any interest either get the stuff from the car and bring it in. Good luck! Thanks Clete
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Put the pics on the forum (ie. advertise) and I'm sure one of us will simply coordinate to meet you at the SOS. I always like to work out all the details and pre-sell items. This way you already know you have a sale once you get to the show. Plus buyers can budge a little better.
    Tom
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:01 am

Tom is right, post the stuff you want to sell and get it some exposure. Could led you to a deal before the show even starts.

I am a bit different then Tom, I avoid having things waiting for me at the show. I know having a deal lined up before you get there is nice, I have done it several times before, but it kind of takes the suspense of what you might find. Knowing you already have something cool waiting is great so I am not trying to knock that at all.

For me I tend to like wait for the show itself. The anticipation of not knowing what I might find and then scoring something great is just too exiting for me to pass up. I save my money for months to make sure I have a roll of bills just to see what I can find. This does not always work out for the best but any money leftover just goes back into "The Fund" for the next purchase. Anyway see you at the Show!!! Thanks Clete
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Anyone attending the SOS in a few weeks? If so and want to meet up send me a PM and we can work out the details. Thanks!
    prusakowski
    prusakowski
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by prusakowski Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm

I'll be there - - always looking for Iraqi binoculars and Tariq pistols.
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI

Post by RedLegGI Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Last year there were about 2 tables selling oef/oif. There were plenty of vendors with a few items on them but not focused on ox2. You should have a good time finding decent stuff there.
    Spy vs Spy
    Spy vs Spy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Spy vs Spy Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:57 am

Im attending this year. I saw RedLegGI there last year. Actually found him digging through some really big patch collection Smile
    Also saw Arch Smile

Always nice to meet someone in person, to put a face to the name.

Best
    Martin
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI

Post by RedLegGI Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:14 am

Spy vs Spy wrote:Im attending this year. I saw RedLegGI there last year. Actually found him digging through some really big patch collection Smile
    Also saw Arch Smile

Always nice to meet someone in person, to put a face to the name.

Best
    Martin

Probably at Matt Roberge's table lol. He and his wife are actually pretty nice people to get to know.
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 am

If anyone is so inclined how about a meet on Friday in the afternoon near the entrance? Would be nice to put a face to some collectors. Just an idea if anyone is interested.
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Zeked wrote:If anyone is so inclined how about a meet on Friday in the afternoon near the entrance?  Would be nice to put a face to some collectors.  Just an idea if anyone is interested.  

I heard back from several members and to make it easier I was thinking for those who want to meet people in person lets plan on Friday at 1 PM by the table that has flyers for upcoming shows. Typically that table is just inside the main entrance. I will be there at 1 PM wearing a green Minnesota Wild hockey jersey. Hope to see you there!
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:10 pm

So how was the Show of Shows?
    prusakowski
    prusakowski
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by prusakowski Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 pm

From my seat on the bus, the SOS and National Gun Day Show was outstanding - - as always.  It is nice to see bring-backs from the Gulf War(s) 1991 to present coming into the "main stream" of the military collector world.  

I picked up three Tariq pistols from various dealers and had the pleasure to see a few other Tariq pistols that fellow collectors had brought to the show.  

I was distracted and missed the rally at the RV point on Friday.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 am

I went down to the SoS and spent about 2 1/2 hours before having to head back home for other obligations. Highlight of the show was getting to meet several forum members and hanging out with Zeked.

I didn't buy a lot this year, but felt what I did find was quality. Also managed to wipe a Holy Grail item off my list. Very Happy
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:50 am

I went and met several other forum members.

I had a pretty good show, got a nice helmet, dozens of DCU's, a pile of theater made desert patches, some helmet covers, couple armbands, some patrol caps and I am sure I am forgetting something.

There were several dealers who specialize in GWOT militaria but you find a few more pieces showing up on other era dealers tables now - mostly patches at this point. There was nothing really outstanding or really rare for GWOT stuff that I could find. Certainly a few nice things but mostly more of average than rare.

Still my favorite show and am already looking forward to next year already and I hope to see you all there! But next year it is two weeks earlier that this year.

prusakowski I was hoping to run into you; a guy I know had two presentation Tariq pistols in cases he was selling. He ended up selling both on Friday I think; great looking setups.
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for the update guys! Prusakowski, looking forward to seeing posts of the Tariq's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm