Show of Shows

    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Posts : 2266
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Location : St Paul, MN

    Show of Shows Empty Show of Shows

    Post by Zeked on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:32 pm

    If you ever wanted to see how large the Show of Shows is look at this floor plan.  Essentially each white dot is an 8 foot
    table full of military for sale.  In my opinion it is worth the trip; 12 hour drive for us but worth every minute on the road.
    Hope to see you there!


    Show of Shows Sos_fl10
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 879
    Join date : 2010-07-22
    Location : Ohio

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by RedLegGI on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 pm

    If you haven't been, your mind will be blown by the width and breadth of this show. The stuff you'll see is absolutely amazing, rare, common and everything in between. Yes there is OEF/OIF stuff as well, as long as you beat Clete there Wink


    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Posts : 2266
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Location : St Paul, MN

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by Zeked on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 pm

    RedLegGI wrote:If you haven't been, your mind will be blown by the width and breadth of this show.  The stuff you'll see is absolutely amazing, rare, common and everything in between.  Yes there is OEF/OIF stuff as well, as long as you beat Clete there Wink



    I just don't have a problem with that; I want it all!!!
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 879
    Join date : 2010-07-22
    Location : Ohio

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by RedLegGI on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:05 am

    Zeked wrote:
    RedLegGI wrote:If you haven't been, your mind will be blown by the width and breadth of this show.  The stuff you'll see is absolutely amazing, rare, common and everything in between.  Yes there is OEF/OIF stuff as well, as long as you beat Clete there Wink



    I just don't have a problem with that; I want it all!!!  


    Maybe it was 2 years ago there was a table just maybe 15-20 tables from the concession stands at the rear of the hall. I went by and it had TONS of OEF/OIF stuff and I was like "Oh I'll remember to come back for x item"...hours later I came back and the table was practically picked clean. I was a sad panda Sad
    Torch03
    Torch03
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 97
    Join date : 2015-12-16
    Age : 52
    Location : Michigan

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by Torch03 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:49 am

    I'll be there, have a table that will be 90% GWOT and 10% WWII - Vietnam Airborne and Elite insignia, uniforms, kit etc........


    Matt
    Blood On The Risers Militaria
    Bagman6
    Bagman6
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 959
    Join date : 2015-04-15
    Location : America

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by Bagman6 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:50 am

    Wish everyone safe travels and a productive show. Find that gem!


    _________________
    Semper Fi
    Jeff
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 879
    Join date : 2010-07-22
    Location : Ohio

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by RedLegGI on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:36 pm

    Torch03 wrote:I'll be there, have a table that will be 90% GWOT and 10% WWII - Vietnam Airborne and Elite insignia, uniforms, kit etc........


    Matt
    Blood On The Risers Militaria


    Whats your table location?
    avatar
    saxecoburg
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2014-10-31
    Location : knoxville TN

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by saxecoburg on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:10 pm

    I was actually really disappointed by this show.... yeah, it's *big*, but at least 75% of the show is Nazi stuff and the little bit of modern items were way over priced.
    RedLegGI
    RedLegGI
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 879
    Join date : 2010-07-22
    Location : Ohio

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by RedLegGI on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:52 pm

    saxecoburg wrote:I was actually really disappointed by this show.... yeah, it's *big*, but at least 75% of the show is Nazi stuff and the little bit of modern items were way over priced.

    Agreed its very much a Nazi show case. I found quite a good bit of modern there that was affordable as well.
    Torch03
    Torch03
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 97
    Join date : 2015-12-16
    Age : 52
    Location : Michigan

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by Torch03 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 pm

    RedLegGI wrote:
    Torch03 wrote:I'll be there, have a table that will be 90% GWOT and 10% WWII - Vietnam Airborne and Elite insignia, uniforms, kit etc........


    Matt
    Blood On The Risers Militaria


    Whats your table location?

    RedLegGI - Our table last year was B-21 so I assume it will be the same this year (requested the same table for this year).

    Matt
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Posts : 2266
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Location : St Paul, MN

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by Zeked on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:22 am

    RedLegGI wrote:
    saxecoburg wrote:I was actually really disappointed by this show.... yeah, it's *big*, but at least 75% of the show is Nazi stuff and the little bit of modern items were way over priced.

    Agreed its very much a Nazi show case.  I found quite a good bit of modern there that was affordable as well.

    You are correct, it is mostly WWII German and US but I have found some killer modern items there as well. But I collect more than modern items so it broadens my appeal. Plus, for me, it is cool to see things like USMC General Smedley Butler's uniform, perhaps a WWII German Marshall's baton, top notch painted A2 flight jacket and other cool historical items. Thanks! Clete

    Sponsored content

    Show of Shows Empty Re: Show of Shows

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:32 am