OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
warloch
MyZone
6 posters

AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID

MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID Empty AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID

Post by MyZone Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello,

I have an AOR1 pouch (one of many) that came with an AOR1 LBT chest rack. I need a positive ID on the manufacture. Is it LBT or another manufacturer?

All input is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    MZ~

AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID 11zx10

AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID 11zzz10
    warloch
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID Empty Re: AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID

Post by warloch Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:08 am

Looks to be eagle industries to me although i cant be certain. I've never seen an LBT pouch without a tag before.
    joefriday22
    joefriday22
    Chief Warrant Officer Class II
    Chief Warrant Officer Class II

AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID Empty Re: AOR 1 Pouch - Need Positive Manufacturer ID

Post by joefriday22 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:45 am

Looks LBT to me..I'm pretty certain about that (99.99999999%). LBT typically uses the tan snaps with tan items, green with green, or black with green or black. Eagle seems to use black with everything. Not sure about Eagle using only black with everything but that pouch looks LBT to me.

As fas as the tags, probably 50% of what I see in the wild and at the factory does not have tags. Most of LBT production goes to the military and the government doesn't care about the tags. Leaving off the tags saves a step in production which equals a few cents in $ savings.

Also, the SEALs in the past have specifically requested that their gear does not have tags. They don't like to leave gear on the beach or at some other extract point that says "Made in the USA" on it. That ID's the guys who left it there.

Just my 2 cents.
    Rob

warloch
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by warloch Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 am

Is the cover made of regular cordura nylon or is it like a 3.5 inch wide webbing material because the AOR2 LBT mag pouches I've seen have had that.
    theater_made_collector
    theater_made_collector
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by theater_made_collector Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:22 pm

joefriday22 wrote:Looks LBT to me..I'm pretty certain about that (99.99999999%). LBT typically uses the tan snaps with tan items, green with green, or black with green or black. Eagle seems to use black with everything. Not sure about Eagle using only black with everything but that pouch looks LBT to me.

As fas as the tags, probably 50% of what I see in the wild and at the factory does not have tags. Most of LBT production goes to the military and the government doesn't care about the tags. Leaving off the tags saves a step in production which equals a few cents in $ savings.

Also, the SEALs in the past have specifically requested that their gear does not have tags. They don't like to leave gear on the beach or at some other extract point that says "Made in the USA" on it. That ID's the guys who left it there.

Just my 2 cents.
    Rob

I even just learned something, thanks joefriday.
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Many thanks guys....it has helped alot.

Anyone else have their ideas? All input welcome....

Cheers ~
    MZ
    Mikesierra151
    Mikesierra151
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Mikesierra151 Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm

All the EI AOR1 stuff I have seen has been very thin. 330D I think. Hope that helps.
    oliverklozov

Post by oliverklozov Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:14 pm

if its pre EAGLE MLCS theres a good chance its an LBT. i've had a couple of rigs by LBT without tags given to me by the LBT reps in the past so i wouldnt be surprised if its in fact LBT.

EAGLE does use Tan snaps on their MLCS line and so on and so forth. all MLCS kit now, will have a TAG identifying product model and date. (i know for a fact, i have the AOR1/2 as well as khaki MLCS/PCU kit in my garage)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm