OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ??????

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ?????? Empty Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ??????

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Guys.

I have recently bought a French Desert patterned Jacket, on the collar there is a Popper, with Opex Inapte or Inapte Opex, on the Popper, I have carried out a search and came with some various answers to this e.g. infit for Military service ???

Please help me understand this , I am totally confused. Question

If I get a chance tomorrow, I will post a picture of the Popper in question.

Many thanks for any future help with this Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ?????? Empty Re: Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ??????

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:12 am

Here is the Popper in question which is on the left hand side of the collar Wink Hopefully this may help to ID it.I have seen something like this on a French CCE Jacket but still do not understand it's significance. Question

Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ?????? Dsc03613Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ?????? Dsc03614
    JYN
    JYN

Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ?????? Empty Re: Question about Opex Inapte Popper on a French Jacket ??????

Post by JYN Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Gary ,

Until now, I was searching for you and get several responses too.

Well, if you could confirm that this jacket has been slightly used and that is not a brand new jacket.... I will be very pleased to tell you that this jacket was not infit because of material reasons or cut but just because it has been used and had been declassified because of that.
    So now, you have to figure out how you gonna to get rid of this popper !

Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 am

JYN wrote:Gary ,

Until now, I was searching for you and get several responses too.

Well, if you could confirm that this jacket has been slightly used and that is not a brand new jacket.... I will be very pleased to tell you that this jacket was not infit because of material reasons or cut but just because it has been used and had been declassified because of that.
    So now, you have to figure out how you gonna to get rid of this popper !

Jean-Yves

Jean-Yves, many thanks for looking into this for me, I tried and drew a blank I'm afraid.So I am very grateful for any ideas on this popper.

The jacket in question , is I believe unissued or has had very little use, I know it came from the south of France, as the guy I got it from, regularly buys French Militaria from La Rochelle, and Marseille areas.( I wish I knew his contacts!!)

I suppose I could just carefully drill it out, but I think I will leave it on anyway, as it such an enigma Laughing

Thanks again J-Y, your assistance is very much appreciated. Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:58 am

Well, I have seen other uniforms as french "Outremer" uniforms with the same popper. For this other case, it's seems that these overseas uniforms are insecticide treated and it is sure that if if you are issuing an old stock of uniforms to soldiers, they will have less protection against mosquitos. The french Daguet 3 color desert camouflage is an infra red pattern if I am not wrong; so, french army probably considered that a jacket used has probably less efficiency in a desert aerac than a new one. Instead of a stamp, they punched this little popper which is bad for collectors !
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:45 am

[quote="JYN"]Well, I have seen other uniforms as french "Outremer" uniforms with the same popper. For this other case, it's seems that these overseas uniforms are insecticide treated and it is sure that if if you are issuing an old stock of uniforms to soldiers, they will have less protection against mosquitos. The french Daguet 3 color desert camouflage is an infra red pattern if I am not wrong; so, french army probably considered that a jacket used has probably less efficiency in a desert aerac than a new one. Instead of a stamp, they punched this little popper which is bad for collectors ![/quote

Thanks again J-Y for the excellent info!!

And your right the popper is bad for us collectors, once removed it would leave a hole Evil or Very Mad

I will search for a matching pair of GW1 era daguet Trousers, wish me luck..I will need it Laughing

Cheers mate, Gary.
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:54 am

See that ... il you look in the ended listing of the seller you will see that you missed a jacket for 1 €. It seems that you have also the popper on the collar.

Ebay reference 170682632237
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 pm

[quote="JYN"]See that ... il you look in the ended listing of the seller you will see that you missed a jacket for 1 €. It seems that you have also the popper on the collar.

Ebay reference 170682632237

I looked on France ebay this afternoon, and found some cool Daguet stuff, there's a seller who is selling these jackets with the popper on the collar, and they are cheaper than I paid...perhaps this is the way forward for me, with french Kit. Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Used words as : treillis, veste camouflée or treillis désert instead of Daguet.... sometimes who knows Cool or there http://parasurplusmilit.free.fr/nosproduits/lesuniformes/index.html don't have any feedbacks about them.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:28 pm

JYN wrote:Used words as : treillis, veste camouflée or treillis désert instead of Daguet.... sometimes who knows Cool or there http://parasurplusmilit.free.fr/nosproduits/lesuniformes/index.html don't have any feedbacks about them.

Many thanks for the link J-Y, looks like they sell some cool French Kit,I will investigate postal charges etc.
    And yes, lots of French sellers seem to use Treillis in their discriptions I have noticed ????, I am awaiting some responses on F1 daguet covers..fingers crossed on that.

Thanks again Mate.

Regards Gary Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm