OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Mercenary25
kriegsmodell
aussie digger
Nkomo
8 posters

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Empty Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch

Post by Nkomo Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Theater made Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces velcro backed patch.

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch 02411
    Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch 02511
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Empty Re: Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch

Post by aussie digger Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 am

Nice one Arch!
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Empty Re: Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Here is my example. Almost identical to Arch's patch except for the shape of the shield. My patch has a flat top while the other example has a stylized raised top. Hard to see a lot of the difference in the embroidery between the two. These ICTF Eagle patches are not easy to find and should not be confused with a nearly identical insignia that features the acronym SWAT instead of ICTF. These ICTF versions were worn by US SOF personnel as well as Iraqis so assigned. I think they were worn by the British SOF personnel also. The SWAT version came later, was worn by Iraqis, and in my experience is easier to locate.

The bottom insignia is a rare ICTF unit tape sometimes worn in conjunction with the eagle patch. A very difficult piece of insignia to locate. Both of these patches are backed with tan/yellow velcro.

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree142

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Sorry for the terrible quality of the photos but wanted to post up this frame grab of the ICTF Eagle patch in wear by US Special Forces in Iraq. These are operators from ODA-132, C Company, 1st Battalion, 1st Special Forces (Airborne) circa 2007. C 1 1 is the CIF Company for 1st Group. In the first photograph the ICTF Eagle can be seen on the operator's left shoulder; ODA-132 Team patch on the right (just visible below the flag patch). Appears to be the stylized top version of the ICTF Eagle patch. The second photograph has a marginally better view of the ODA patch. Have seen this series of pics posted several time elsewhere identified as CAG which is incorrect.

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree143

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree144

Thanks for looking!

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Great info and patches, Lance!
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 pm

From the ShadowSpear.com site:

The Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Task Force (ICTF), sometimes referred to as the Iraqi National Counter-Terrorist Task Force (INCTF) is Iraq’s elite Counter-Terrorism unit. The ICTF are Iraq's version of the U.S. Army's Delta Force, undertaking a variety of operations both with their U.S. mentors and independantly into the most dangerous areas. Tasks range from high risk hostages recovery, hunting High Value Targets (HVTs) and direct action operations.

Structure
    The units headquarters is in Baghdad. There are plans to use 4 additional facilities spread across Iraq to increase the units area of operations. Currently the ICTF is composed of six Battalions. Four are operational, with additional training and support battalions.

Some pics of the ICTF patches in wear:

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree145

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree146

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree147

All photos are open source.

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Front and reverse views of the Iraqi made beret flash worn by US Special Forces personnel serving with the Iraqi National Counter-Terrorism Task Force Transition Team. Part of the Multi-National Security Transition Command - Iraq the INCTFTT continued to advise the Iraqi ICTF.

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree148

It should be noted that although the insignia shown in this thread are original theatre-made period pieces all of these patches have been reproduced and are sold as originals by several disreputable dealers on ebay.

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Great patches, fellows! I think I should post those camo uniform soon.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Great patches, fellows! I think I should post those camo uniform soon.
    I think so too, Merc. Very Happy
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Let's see 'em Brother!!

artificer64

Post by artificer64 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 am

I too have the same patches from ICTF Area IV 2005 USN. Nice to see them posted.
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Empty ODA-132 Question

Post by msmith275 Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:03 pm

kriegsmodell wrote:

Sorry for the terrible quality of the photos but wanted to post up this frame grab of the ICTF Eagle patch in wear by US Special Forces in Iraq.  These are operators from ODA-132, C Company, 1st Battalion, 1st Special Forces (Airborne) circa 2007.  C 1 1 is the CIF Company for 1st Group.  In the first photograph the ICTF Eagle can be seen on the operator's left shoulder; ODA-132 Team patch on the right (just visible below the flag patch).  Appears to be the stylized top version of the ICTF Eagle patch.  The second photograph has a marginally better view of the ODA patch.  Have seen this series of pics posted several time elsewhere identified as CAG which is incorrect.

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree143

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch Scree144

Thanks for looking!

Hi Kriegsmodell - I thought maybe looking at the top photo patch that he was wearing this style of 132 patch (photo from Crazyzac Bob Zaccardi)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-FORCES-ODA-732-PUNISHER-IBA-PATCH-THEATER-MADE-/141198734002

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch ODA132_zps98b110cf

But looking at the bottom photo the skull on his patch is too large. Do you think he might be wearing the larger skull patch with the "CXXXII" on top?  Photo from Harry Pugh's eBay site:

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch ODA1323-X_zpsaf0e3ce6

Thanks, Mark
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:16 pm

msmith275 wrote:
    Hi Kriegsmodell - I thought maybe looking at the top photo patch that he was wearing this style of 132 patch (photo from Crazyzac Bob Zaccardi)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-FORCES-ODA-732-PUNISHER-IBA-PATCH-THEATER-MADE-/141198734002

But looking at the bottom photo the skull on his patch is too large. Do you think he might be wearing the larger skull patch with the "CXXXII" on top?  Photo from Harry Pugh's eBay site:

Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark,

The patch in the photograph is Pugh's patch.  It was designed by and made for the Team.  

I can't vouch for the other version of the patch.

Lance O. Adams .....
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for the info Lance, interesting. I know 1st Bn elements were there 2006-2007. This team was in Iraq again after 4 digit conversion as ODA 1132 and saw a lot of activity during Nov 2008 through Feb of 2009.

I don't know about the non-Roman (just the #'s 132) numeral patch either. I have one of those from Afghanistan, but I do not know of any C/1/1 deployment there prior to most recent in 2012-2013. The patch seems new (got that smell) and came in a recent batch so I think there's zero chance it was made prior to the 2008 conversion to 4 digits. Whether someone in C/1/1 made or by some entrepreneur...still trying to research.

Thanks for that photo though. Pretty cool to see one of Harry's patches worn in combat. He'd like that I bet!
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:38 am

Mark,

The ODA-132 pics are from June 2006 during efforts to locate two troopers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment who had been abducted by insurgents near Yusufiyah, Iraq.

Torch03
    Torch03
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Torch03 Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Nice patch Arch

Matt
    mitlapass
    mitlapass
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by mitlapass Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 am

hello
    here are few patchs from Iraq, most of them from ICTS.
    Regards
    J-Mi

Iraqi Counter Terrorism Forces Patch N46rgx

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:19 am

Too bad a lot of the pics are now gone. Would have loved to see those ODA 132 pics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm