OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo ....

MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Empty Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo ....

Post by MyZone Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Any Ideas ?

MZ♠

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Img_4210
    Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Img_4211
    Ben
    Ben

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Empty Re: Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo ....

Post by Ben Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:43 am

The 25th Royal Marines Delta SEAL Master HALO division? Laughing
    I have never seen this logo before... it does look very cool though.
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Empty Re: Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo ....

Post by msmith275 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 pm

75th Ranger Regiment - Regimental Reconnaisance Detachment RRD - subsequently the Regimental Reconnaisance Company under the Special Troops Battalion (STB)

The combat jump star isn't part of the original design - but subsequent to OEF/OIF

Mark
    taucco
    taucco
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by taucco Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:39 pm

msmith275 wrote:75th Ranger Regiment - Regimental Reconnaisance Detachment RRD - subsequently the Regimental Reconnaisance Company under the Special Troops Battalion (STB)

The combat jump star isn't part of the original design - but subsequent to OEF/OIF

Mark

you are right. I remember some neat photos of them wearing modified tiger stripe (both woodland and desert variations) and armed with AK rifles.
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I was leaning towards the Regiment prior to posting this thread (the lightning bolt rung a bell). At any rate, this came from a Tier I guy I know......

Did some Google searching:
    RRD

Thanks Guys,
    MZ♠
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 am

Here's a couple theater made examples of same type logo/patch from Afghanistan.  These are some of my favorite Ranger designs ever.

Even before the Regiment, each of the two Ranger Batallions had a MFF qualified reconnaisance element.

These are from two different camps - you can see the full color one (bottom), which is most like your hat,  has two combat jump stars.

I like the theater made effect - as the tab (which on your hat is really clear right behind the dagger and the combat jump star) gets sort of lost in translation on the Afghan made patch.

Your hat is a really good find. It's got the best rendition of the RRD/RRC logo I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing with us!

Mark

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Rrd_210

Who Is This ? Need Help With Logo .... Rrd10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:06 pm