OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

    war movies

    avatar
    bhmilitarycollector84
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

    Posts : 235
    Join date : 2010-04-04
    Age : 36
    Location : michigan usa

    war movies Empty war movies

    Post by bhmilitarycollector84 on Tue May 04, 2010 11:30 pm

    ok
    a while ago this move cam out my wife wanted to see
    deer john , its a chick flick thing , but the guy was in the army , special forces actually ,

    he was in post 9/11 , and then stayed in and went all over after 9/11

    so if you got to watch a chick flic with you wife , watch this one , atleast it has military stuff in it

    ben
    Dichotomy
    Dichotomy

    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2010-09-14
    Location : At my desk

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by Dichotomy on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:32 pm

    Pearl Harbor

    'I don't want to watch a war movie'
    'honey it's a love story'
    'no it's not it's about guys running around with guns and airplanes killing each other'
    'no really it's a movie about love, friendship, and the duality of man, if you watch it with me and hate it I'll take you to the movies tomorrow'

    worst case scenario is she falls asleep and you have to invest 1.5 hours tomorrow

    It aint great but it will do Smile
    BringMeOurFlag
    BringMeOurFlag
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 98
    Join date : 2010-04-27
    Location : Belgium

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by BringMeOurFlag on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 pm

    bhmilitarycollector84 wrote:ok
    a while ago this move cam out my wife wanted to see
    deer john , its a chick flick thing , but the guy was in the army , special forces actually ,

    he was in post 9/11 , and then stayed in and went all over after 9/11

    so if you got to watch a chick flic with you wife , watch this one , atleast it has military stuff in it

    ben
    lol!
    I saw that movie to with my girlfriend. and Indeed, watch this movie and your girl is happy and you are it too =)(In my case Smile )

    but an other OK movie is 'Top Gun'.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

    Posts : 1924
    Join date : 2011-01-24
    Location : Montreal, Qc, Canada

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by ladrang on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 pm

    No way!!! I don't want to watch a war movie with my wife, she s always talking during the movie Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

    Posts : 360
    Join date : 2010-10-10
    Location : Sometimes here, sometimes there

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by HoovieDude on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:02 pm

    And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 3234
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 51
    Location : Good old UK

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by Easy Gee on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:20 am

    HoovieDude wrote:And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy




    Laughing I'm with you on this one....pure fantasy movies has it's place yeah, but not war movies....

    I am convinced Producers seem to base fire fight scenes,on the A-Team......Face sprays the enemy with 5.56,and the bad guy falls over and say's "Ouch" come on !!!!!!!! Laughing


    (Apart from the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan ...that's more like it !!!)


    _________________
    Take it Easy.....Gary

    من السهل جي
    avatar
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

    Posts : 360
    Join date : 2010-10-10
    Location : Sometimes here, sometimes there

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by HoovieDude on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 am

    Easy Gee wrote:
    HoovieDude wrote:And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy




    Laughing I'm with you on this one....pure fantasy movies has it's place yeah, but not war movies....

    I am convinced Producers seem to base fire fight scenes,on the A-Team......Face sprays the enemy with 5.56,and the bad guy falls over and say's "Ouch" come on !!!!!!!! Laughing


    (Apart from the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan ...that's more like it !!!)

    Or the guy who takes out dozens of heavily armed bad guys, with a pistol! LoL

    Honestly though, all that brings up another reason why I have difficulty watching "war" movies. Having felt, tasted, smelled, and participated in it on numerous occasions, I don't need to see it glorified to the cheers of those who haven't.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 3234
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 51
    Location : Good old UK

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by Easy Gee on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:05 pm

    HoovieDude wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    HoovieDude wrote:And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy




    Laughing I'm with you on this one....pure fantasy movies has it's place yeah, but not war movies....

    I am convinced Producers seem to base fire fight scenes,on the A-Team......Face sprays the enemy with 5.56,and the bad guy falls over and say's "Ouch" come on !!!!!!!! Laughing


    (Apart from the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan ...that's more like it !!!)

    Or the guy who takes out dozens of heavily armed bad guys, with a pistol! LoL

    Honestly though, all that brings up another reason why I have difficulty watching "war" movies. Having felt, tasted, smelled, and participated in it on numerous occasions, I don't need to see it glorified to the cheers of those who haven't.



    Oh,yeah I forgot about the pistol with 300 rounds ,that you just point and shoot ,and down go many bad guys...formative stuff the 80's TV Laughing

    But on a serious note,I understand where your coming from Mike,respect to you for all the S**t you went through


    _________________
    Take it Easy.....Gary

    من السهل جي

    Sponsored content

    war movies Empty Re: war movies

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:49 pm