OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches Empty Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches

Post by Nkomo Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Got these from a friend who just returned from a deployment to Afghanistan.

Flags are two different variations.

T-shirt was from Ghanzi City or Sharan City.

Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches 00911
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches Empty Re: Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Very nice!
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches Empty Re: Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches

Post by Nkomo Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks, Merc.
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:45 am

Great items mate!
    JoeD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by JoeD Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:42 am

Those AFGHAN COMMANDOES shirts are all over around the COP where I am in Kunar province. They are sold in the bazaars and theres a short and long sleeve version. Some of the shopkeepers also bring them onto the COPs and FOBs where US soldiers can buy them too. They are popular with the interpreters and ANA soldiers though and Ive often seen them worn by guys at the Afghan compounds, district centers and up on the Afghan OPs Ive been to. At the COP Im at the ANA soldiers started to have combat shirts made out of them by the tailor here, which is interesting. They have the sleeves from a ANA digital camo uniform sewn on, add a strip of material to the shoulders for reinforcement and add a colar and a few buttons at the top of the shirt. I wish the internet here wasnt so horrible because I could post a photo of one of them.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm

JoeD wrote:Those AFGHAN COMMANDOES shirts are all over around the COP where I am in Kunar province. They are sold in the bazaars and theres a short and long sleeve version. Some of the shopkeepers also bring them onto the COPs and FOBs where US soldiers can buy them too. They are popular with the interpreters and ANA soldiers though and Ive often seen them worn by guys at the Afghan compounds, district centers and up on the Afghan OPs Ive been to. At the COP Im at the ANA soldiers started to have combat shirts made out of them by the tailor here, which is interesting. They have the sleeves from a ANA digital camo uniform sewn on, add a strip of material to the shoulders for reinforcement and add a colar and a few buttons at the top of the shirt. I wish the internet here wasnt so horrible because I could post a photo of one of them.
    LOL! Yep....the terp brought these back from either Ghanzi City or Sharan City for my friend. Thanks for the excellent information.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:00 pm

JoeD wrote:Those AFGHAN COMMANDOES shirts are all over around the COP where I am in Kunar province. They are sold in the bazaars and theres a short and long sleeve version. Some of the shopkeepers also bring them onto the COPs and FOBs where US soldiers can buy them too. They are popular with the interpreters and ANA soldiers though and Ive often seen them worn by guys at the Afghan compounds, district centers and up on the Afghan OPs Ive been to. At the COP Im at the ANA soldiers started to have combat shirts made out of them by the tailor here, which is interesting. They have the sleeves from a ANA digital camo uniform sewn on, add a strip of material to the shoulders for reinforcement and add a colar and a few buttons at the top of the shirt. I wish the internet here wasnt so horrible because I could post a photo of one of them.

Shocked Sent you a PM. I may be able to help you with posting the picture.

Last edited by Mercenary25 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 am

Here is a picture I uploaded for Joe.

Afghanistan Commandoes T-Shirt and Flag Patches 13510
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Great picture! Thanks for sharing, JoeD.
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Awesome reference pic! Thanks for that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm