OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

very old cruciform handled bayonet

nightmare

very old cruciform handled bayonet Empty very old cruciform handled bayonet

Post by nightmare Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 am

Hi I'm looking to find info on this ld bayonet i got from an antique store it has no marking to speak of on it and has a very odd shape. the entire bayonet is about 30 inches long and is missing a piece on the handle

i have it linked below. I cannot tell you what era or what country it is from i have not seen anything like it before but it looks to be very old it has very deep pits in the blade

very old cruciform handled bayonet 574853_4546844743247_680671927_n
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

very old cruciform handled bayonet Empty Re: very old cruciform handled bayonet

Post by P-E Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 am

Sir, I'm sorry, but this is absolutely not the kind of items we have here. I don't say it has no value (financial or historical value), but I mean that this forum is not a good place to post pictures and questions about this kind of old items. None of us is able to identify this bayonet, because this is a forum devoted to the War on terrorism (Afghanistan and Iraq modern conflicts) and so your bayonet is beside the point. I'm sorry about that. Hope you'll find some helps on other forums and that you'll be able to identify it. Happy new year !

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:50 am

Also if you want to participate in this forum please take a minute to introduce yourself in the Introductions section of the forum. P-E is correct in that this forum is not the place to look for identification of this type of bayonet, something like that is not the focus of this forum. Thanks! Clete

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content