OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
173rdvet
aussie digger
kriegsmodell
7 posters

Afghanistan Medic Patch

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Afghanistan Medic Patch Empty Afghanistan Medic Patch

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Picked this patch up only recently. OD green background with a medical design in white, red, and black embroidery over Afghan National flag formed in the shape of a stretcher. The medic device is reminiscent of the US Expert Field Medical Badge. It is black velcro backed. Although made in-theatre, I am unsure if this is an official insignia or not but found it interesting none the less. If anyone here can provide insight it would be most appreciated .....

Afghanistan Medic Patch Mvc-0070

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Afghanistan Medic Patch Empty Re: Afghanistan Medic Patch

Post by aussie digger Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 am

I havnt seen one in use before but GREAT patch! If you ever want to part with it keep me in mind! For some reason i have a weakness for medic items...

Cheers
    Jason
    173rdvet

Post by 173rdvet Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 am

I saw these worn in wardak by the medics. The ana like "flair" just like any other military. Mostly I saw these worn on the sleeves of the ANA digi uniforms.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

I have one of the ANA medic pathces as well. Seeing they are the smae size as the Infantry pocket titles, them being worn there would make sense. Somewhere I have a photo of an ANA soldier wearing THREE titles on his right pocket!
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 pm

nkomo wrote: I have one of the ANA medic pathces as well. Seeing they are the smae size as the Infantry pocket titles, them being worn there would make sense. Somewhere I have a photo of an ANA soldier wearing THREE titles on his right pocket!

I have one of these too. I have also seen three ANA medics wearing them on Bagram in 2009-2010, except they wore them one their left chest just as we wear our EFMB on the BDUs. My patch and the three that I have seen were all sew on patches but made just like the one shown above and it is shorter than a pocket title. Tom
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Here is a pic of my latest version of the ANA CMB. Also note the two versions that I have do not have the cresent anywhere on the badge. Also note there are gold or silver badges too. I'm curious if the cresent or the color denotes an EFMB vs CMB or the other way around?

Tom

Afghanistan Medic Patch Group_14
    Toasted Skittle
    Toasted Skittle
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by Toasted Skittle Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:03 am

airborne1968 wrote:Here is a pic of my latest version of the ANA CMB. Also note the two versions that I have do not have the cresent anywhere on the badge. Also note there are gold or silver badges too. I'm curious if the cresent or the color denotes an EFMB vs CMB or the other way around?

Tom

Afghanistan Medic Patch Group_14

The ANA patch are so random, I'm sure that could be a genuine issue medic patch, but either the batch cut costs or wasn't even incorporated in the design and etc.

By the way, I've seen a picture of these being used, small velcro space over the left side on top of the Afg-N-Army breast tape (About the area of the Marksmanship badge), if only I could find it again. Mad
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Here is an Afghan Medics Badge I just picked up.

Afghanistan Medic Patch 10994110
    Afghanistan Medic Patch 10998010
    Massimo72
    Massimo72
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Massimo72 Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:42 am

Cool patch!
    Everybody but me seems to own one.... Sad

Sponsored content