OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Eagle Tac Vest

Geardoshit
    Geardoshit

Eagle Tac Vest Empty Eagle Tac Vest

Post by Geardoshit Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:47 pm

I recently got this vest for cheap. I don`t have any information about it really.

Does anybody know the exact product version/ number/ name of it and perhaps has some more infos about it?
    (e.g. date of manufacturing/ perhaps a time frame where this vest might have seen action).

If anybody does have an "in action/ in use" picture would be great! Very Happy

Thank you very much!

(Right shoulder: Cuff pouch / Left shoulder: Hand grenade pouch)

Eagle Tac Vest EAGLE_TV_1

Eagle Tac Vest EAGLE_TV_4

Eagle Tac Vest EAGLE_TV_3

Eagle Tac Vest EAGLE_TV_2

Eagle Tac Vest EAGLE_TV_14

Eagle Tac Vest EAGLE_TV_5

CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Eagle Tac Vest Empty Re: Eagle Tac Vest

Post by CamoDeafie Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 am

its not PRE-MOLLE by the way. the coloring is Coyote and I do NOT recall seeing Coyote brown or tan being offered before MOLLE in 1998; but I do recall KHAKI being around by then. your vest looks to be the "Closed Back" design version of Eagle Industries' Tac Vest V3-Detachable; it is compatible with their Sniper Vest Tac-SVD series; earliest I can find for the date of manufacture/series is 2002 or so...BUT they're black..I would think 2004 or so would be right era of manufacture for this specific vest; also; I have my doubts about it being military used; simply because it is not MOLLE; and does not provide a place to put armor like say, a Plate Carrier...JKIN will know more for sure I think...if he hasn't already PM'd you. Smile several websits shows the black earlier version with open back for sale; I see one says that it is available with the closed back design like the V1-N version which is the current production version with no detachable panels; they still sell the detachable panels for this particular vest. the design of the panels reminds me of the older late 80s early 90s SWAT vests and this leads me to think this vest was likely a police vest.
    JKin
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by JKin Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Some companies made tan and khaki gear back in the day, but generally stuff in that color is slightly more rare. I dont know the exactly model name of this vest, but Ive seen this specific version around before. I dont think this is a Police vest, because back when they used tactical vests they would almost exclusively use them in black.
    Geardoshit
    Geardoshit

Post by Geardoshit Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 am

JKin wrote:Ive seen this specific version around before.

Me, too! But only in "for sale" threads or similar.
    I think it`ll be hard seeing that exact vest in "reference pictures".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am