OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. Empty Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi Guys.

I have in my possession, and finally a complete set of Dutch 3 coloured jacket and Trousers, if you want I will post them up over the next day or two, these were hard to track down, as they seem readily available in the States not so over in here in the old country,anyway....err,watch this space Laughing
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. Empty Re: Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers.

Post by ladrang Thu May 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi Of course we do, it will be very nice to see the difference between a Dutch and an US set(for exemple)
    Ben
    Ben

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. Empty Re: Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers.

Post by Ben Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 am

Gary, I see that you too, have been bitten by the desert camo bug. There is no cure, only treatment, which is to buy more desert camo. Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:47 pm

The Jacket.

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. P5130011
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. P5130012
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Jacket label...is it possible to date this jacket from the label??

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. P5130013
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:50 pm

The Trousers.

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. P5130014
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. P5130015
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Trouser Label.

Dutch 3 colour Jacket and trousers. P5130016
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:54 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi Of course we do, it will be very nice to see the difference between a Dutch and an US set(for exemple)

Thanks Will, hope you like the set Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi mate, you set is really great, it looks very functional. The pants have the same pockets as the french army pants, I m sure you couldn't put a lot stuff inside. The pants is really nice. What kind of material has been used to made it?? It looks a heavy material??
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Ben wrote:Gary, I see that you too, have been bitten by the desert camo bug. There is no cure, only treatment, which is to buy more desert camo. Very Happy

Laughing Yep pretty much Ben.

I will still collect DPM in all it's differnt flavours,on this occasion I thought I would go Dutch though,this addiction is getting under my skin , hope you like my Dutch kit , just gotta get some Swedish Desert kit next Wink
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri May 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Good luck on the Swedish desert kit, that's hard to find.

Is this uniform as well-made as the woodland DPM uniforms the Dutch wear? I've a set of that, and even in thrashed & abused condition it's better put-together than some other uniforms I own.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 14, 2011 6:39 am

ladrang wrote:Hi mate, you set is really great, it looks very functional. The pants have the same pockets as the french army pants, I m sure you couldn't put a lot stuff inside. The pants is really nice. What kind of material has been used to made it?? It looks a heavy material??

Thanks Will, I am pretty chuffed with these,and your right the pockets are very similiar to french style, and yeah they're not that big,as they are not bellowed like US/UK pockets.

I guess the material is a Poly-Cotton mix,which again is functional as they are quick drying,the material is fairly thin,much thinner than DDPM or DCU. Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 14, 2011 6:45 am

Ben wrote:Good luck on the Swedish desert kit, that's hard to find.

Is this uniform as well-made as the woodland DPM uniforms the Dutch wear? I've a set of that, and even in thrashed & abused condition it's better put-together than some other uniforms I own.

Thanks Ben,the Swede kit is gonna be a challenge,but I'm up for it Laughing

I would say the quality is on a par with the woodland version's definetly,better qaulity than Brit kit,the material is probably very similiar to Oz-cam,in feel and quality.So I would hazard a guess they are hard wearing wearing piece of kit.

Thing is now I have 2 pairs of trousers,and only one Jacket,and as I discovered the Jacket's are like hen's teeth over here...I know I've said it before,but I never work out why Euro camo is not common over here,as it's just across the Channel,whereas in the States,there appears to be tonnes of it....weird mystery never to be solved I guess Very Happy Very Happy
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat May 14, 2011 11:07 am

Easy Gee wrote:I would say the quality is on a par with the woodland version's definetly,better qaulity than Brit kit,the material is probably very similiar to Oz-cam,in feel and quality.So I would hazard a guess they are hard wearing wearing piece of kit.
    I've never had any gripes about British military clothing's quality per se...aside from LOTS of loose strings and a generally thin feel to the fabric. But I will say the newer-issue S95/S2000 kit is of a lesser quality than the older stuff. Those Gulf War I-era desert DPMs are one of the best-made uniforms I own.
    vince

Post by vince Sat May 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi i'm a Dutch army collector (mostly patches) but I will try to find out if those numbers are from witch period.
    This camo print is used in Cypres, Irak, Afghanistan, etc.
    I have a couple (even I don't collect them, got them from friends) worn in Afghanistan, most heard complaint is that they torn quickly afther they have been treaded with anti insect spray.
    All uniforms that are send overseas (Afghanistan) are treaded first.

If you you want info on which patches you need to put on it of how to complete it, let me know.

regards,
    Vincent
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun May 15, 2011 3:48 am

vince wrote:Hi i'm a Dutch army collector (mostly patches) but I will try to find out if those numbers are from witch period.
    This camo print is used in Cypres, Irak, Afghanistan, etc.
    I have a couple (even I don't collect them, got them from friends) worn in Afghanistan, most heard complaint is that they torn quickly afther they have been treaded with anti insect spray.
    All uniforms that are send overseas (Afghanistan) are treaded first.

If you you want info on which patches you need to put on it of how to complete it, let me know.

regards,
    Vincent

Hi Vince.

I would really appreciate it if you could successfully date this kit for me ,and thanks for the info too Very Happy

The offer of the info for which patches should go on the Jacket would be great,if you have any feel free to post them up,again I would appreciate this too, I guess this kit has been used in Afghanistan,but it would be cool to know for sure,if it could be dated etc.

Many thanks Gary

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 pm