OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help?

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help? Empty I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help?

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Guys.

As the title of this post state's I'm doing some research on 6 colour covers for M1 Helmets at the present time.

I have read vauge references to these covers in the past Op Brightstar I think, I only have one pic of US troops,wearing these covers, I believe they were training with/Working alongside Egyptian troops,maybe 70's-80's scratch

I would love to finally,pin this down,and have some definative info.

Please help with my research cheers

من السهل جي
    rob8066
    rob8066
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help? Empty Re: I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help?

Post by rob8066 Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:51 am

M1 Helmet?

You sure, never seen them on the M1 helmet, PAGST helmet yes, othewise called the 'fritz' helmet.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help? Empty Re: I'm doing some researchon Choc Chip Covers for M1 helmets...can u help?

Post by ladrang Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:42 am

Hi kind of cover were made from the extra material in back of the early desert pattern shirts with no markings. Sorry I don't find any photos on the web but I m always seeking for.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:40 pm

rob8066 wrote:M1 Helmet?

You sure, never seen them on the M1 helmet, PAGST helmet yes, othewise called the 'fritz' helmet.

Yeah definetely an M1, I believe that it was OP Brightstar.

The first operational use of a PASGT lid was OP Urgent fury ,which was 1983. Wink

من السهل جي
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:42 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi kind of cover were made from the extra material in back of the early desert pattern shirts with no markings. Sorry I don't find any photos on the web but I m always seeking for.

Cool thanks for the info..if you do find any more definitive proof/ pics,I would really appreciate it Ladrang, thanks Mate Wink

من السهل جي
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi check your MP, please
    CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by CamoDeafie Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 pm

I should have snapped a few pics of the 3 M1 helmets i've found in surplus stores with the M1 choc chip covers....
    theyre legit; and the M1 choc chip covers are all dated 1977 and 1978; right around the same time the Transistional uniform cut Choc Chip jackets were contracted for the Special Forces; the uniform pieces are the same cut as the RDF ERDL uniforms and brown-ERDL before the adoption of M81 woodland.. so yes they exist, but very few of them; I think companies also made several for other countries using the M1/NATO helmets?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:37 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi check your MP, please

Hi Mate,no worries all done,and thanks again, I really appreciate your input Wink

من السهل جي
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:40 pm

It s a pleasure to help you Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm

CamoDeafie wrote:I should have snapped a few pics of the 3 M1 helmets i've found in surplus stores with the M1 choc chip covers....
    theyre legit; and the M1 choc chip covers are all dated 1977 and 1978; right around the same time the Transistional uniform cut Choc Chip jackets were contracted for the Special Forces; the uniform pieces are the same cut as the RDF ERDL uniforms and brown-ERDL before the adoption of M81 woodland.. so yes they exist, but very few of them; I think companies also made several for other countries using the M1/NATO helmets?

Yessss!!!

Now that is very good news, brilliant info, thanks a lot,I suspected they did exist, but this research has been like trying to find the Holy Grail, so info like this is very much appreciated Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks again Camo....I just need to track one of these covers down Wink

من السهل جي
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:42 pm

ladrang wrote:It s a pleasure to help you Very Happy

No Worries Mate,I owe you one ...or maybe two now Wink

من السهل جي

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:35 am