OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work

Phill Lockett
    Phill Lockett
    Corporal
    Corporal

Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work Empty Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work

Post by Phill Lockett Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:28 am

Hi Team

Wanting to know the possible years this patch would of been used.

Its possibly

The early designs were round or oval shaped.

Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work Khazal10Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work Khazal11

Phill
    BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work Empty Re: Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work

Post by BM Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Phil,
    These were in the market April 2019.
    There is also a plastic version like yours with a white background.
    Bob
    Phill Lockett
    Phill Lockett
    Corporal
    Corporal

Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work Empty Re: Aṣaʾib ʾAhl al-Haqq, "League of the Righteous" Khazali Net work

Post by Phill Lockett Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:48 pm

Hi Bob

When you say in the market are you saying they are reproductions?

cheers

Phill
    BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Post by BM Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:39 pm

Phil,
    No, they are not reproductions.

The way my friend in Iraq explained it is when a person goes down to the
    market where patches are made, they have to do a "run" of 20. That is how the
    embroidery machines are set up. If you only want 2 of a patch they still have to
    "run" or "embroider" would be another term 20 of them. All the extras are kept
    and put up for sale.
    Since anyone could have a patch made up, this is why you see so many variations of patches.
    My friend would go down to where the patches were made "market" and see what
    was available and purchase them for me.

Iraqi's (military) weren't "issued" patches like in the US where you went to the supply Sgt. or
    PX and picked them up and they were standardized for that unit. This may not be true in every case.

I hope this helps.
    Bob
    Phill Lockett
    Phill Lockett
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Phill Lockett Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Thanks Bob

Appreciate your reply.

I have a few from a kiwi served 5 years in Iraq as PSDGreen Zone, these and other SWAT/ERD/SF patches from his time.

Still trying to get a bit more background however he is out of the country for 3 months.

He possibly went to the market to get these?

Phill

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 am