OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
    Staff Sergeant Class I
    Staff Sergeant Class I

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage Empty TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage

Post by Cap Camouflage Pattern I Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:21 am

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage Da-sd-56
    U.S. Army GEN. David Patraeus (left), Commander, Multi-National Forces ' Iraq, reenlists STAFF SGT. Patrick Guidry, 984th Military Police (MP) Company, 759th MP Battalion, 89th MP Brigade, on Feb. 24, 2007, at Camp Victory, Al Anbar Province, Iraq, during Operation Iraqi Freedom. (U.S. Army photo by SGT. Rob Summitt) (Released)

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage Db_tg210
    Taigear's Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage, item number TG235AA. Photo from their website taigear.com.

Taigear describes their gear as for airsoft and paintball use. They only sell in bulk, but I found one reseller that offered this holster for $8.64 plus shipping.

What struck me about this photo is the extremely cheap quality of the holster, the ink is so bad it has turned from gravel camo to granite camo. This is juxtaposed by General Patraeus standing directly in front of him. If this cheapest of the cheap gear, which is not even marketed for military use, is fit for display to the highest ranking officer in Iraq, than anything goes.

I don't know how I feel about commercial items like this. They are certainly interesting, but a real pain for collecting.

routeus1 likes this post

routeus1

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage Empty Re: TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage

Post by routeus1 Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 am

Good article & analysis. Thank you!
    Cap Camouflage Pattern I
    Staff Sergeant Class I
    Staff Sergeant Class I

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage Empty Re: TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage

Post by Cap Camouflage Pattern I Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:12 pm

Just another sighting of one in use

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage 12674910
    Spc. Jonathan Pierce, Joint Area Support Group- Central checks the bumper number of a vehicle he is about to repossess.
    BAGHDAD, IRAQ
    Photo by Spc. William Addison
    44th Infantry Brigade Combat Team Public Affairs
    Cap Camouflage Pattern I
    Staff Sergeant Class I
    Staff Sergeant Class I

Post by Cap Camouflage Pattern I Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:09 pm

TG235AA Taigear Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster ACU Digital Camouflage Swenso10
    On the broader subject of commercial equipment here's Captain William D. Swenson wearing a Condor Modular Operator Plate Carrier (MOPC) in "ACU".
    I also found this review left on the Condor website for the MOPC:

Victor Grey (USA) 6/7/2009 7:54 PM
    Great value for the dollar!!! I have abused this product in the both Afghanistan and Iraq (Not at a cushy static site either). It performed well under fire and in and out of vehicles. Also, it didn't hinder my movement while carrying a fully loaded 3-day assault pack up and down the mountains. As great as this plate carrier is, I find there are 2 areas of improvement I hope your company remedies. I will address the issues and the soulutions I used to overcome them. Here goes; the first issue is the amount of velcro on the front "flap." I had to sew more on there so that the entire "flap" was secured and curling up at the corners. That was an easy fix. The next thing was more crucial. I found the cumberbund lacking in rigidity. My combat load, and other accessories, would begin to sag outward. So I undid the stitching and placed a hard, yet flexible (10" x6"), piece of plastic in the sides, and re-sewed it back up (I refered to the USMC's cumberbund). Once I improved these two areas, the plate carrier out performed similar and more expensive products from other BIG Name companies. Condor, you will make more money and have a much more loyal customer base by continuing to sell your qualiity products at honest, realistic prices. To hell with those other "by-my-name-not-my quality" companies. Respectfully, Vic.
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:41 pm

GWOT was a private purchase bonanza wasn't it? Crazy how stuff like the holster creep into active units like your pictures show. Nothing seems to be off-limits and makes you wonder the story of how STAFF SGT. Guidry got this holster.

I have an easier time understanding non-issued body armor given needs change on any given mission but a low quality holster seems something to avoid. Sorry I missed this post from a couple years ago.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I likes this post

MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Post by MyZone Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:48 pm

Good thread ~
    MZ♠

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:48 am