OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

3/75 Ranger top.

PathfinderMilitaria
    PathfinderMilitaria
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

3/75 Ranger top. Empty 3/75 Ranger top.

Post by PathfinderMilitaria Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:07 pm

I just got this ranger top and the person told me the guy jumped in Iraq. If there a Ranger jump manifest where I could find out if this person jumped? There is ghosting under the SF patch of the Ranger Tab.

[img]3/75 Ranger top. 16231910[/img]
    PathfinderMilitaria
    PathfinderMilitaria
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

3/75 Ranger top. Empty Re: 3/75 Ranger top.

Post by PathfinderMilitaria Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Sorry Last name is Deleon Rank Ssgt
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 am

3/75 conducted 3 parachute assaults in The War on Terror, one in 2001 in Afghanistan and Two in 2003 in Iraq, by three different companies.

3/75 also conducted a parachute assault in 1989 into panama at the rio hato airfield.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Are you sure he was with the 3rd Battalion ? Well, you probably read this on the scroll, so I assume yes...but I wanted to let you know that I found a SSG Deleon from the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Rgt

SSG Rovin DeLeon
    Home Town: Los Angeles, CA.
    Unit: 1st Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment

Army Staff Sergeant Rovin DeLeon, a member of 1st Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment suffered a multitude of injuries
       during his numerous deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring
       Freedom. He was first injured in 2005 while deployed to Iraq when he was thrown approximately 20 meters as
       the result of an explosion. SSG DeLeon suffered a closed head injury which was later diagnosed as a Traumatic
       Brain Injury (TBI). The injury caused severe migraine headaches, loss of memory, mid and lower back pain,
       vertigo, nasal swelling, and chronic sinusitis. Despite the injuries he sustained, SSG DeLeon was able to return
       to duty just weeks later.

On a subsequent deployment in 2008, SSG DeLeon suffered other injuries while conducting combat operations which
       included a raid on a house. His unit came under fire and Rovin received a gunshot wound to his left leg during
       this operation. While seeking cover, SSG DeLeon fell from a 10-foot wall leaving him with severe pain, swelling,
       and limited movement of his right knee. He also dislocated his right elbow during another deployment in 2009.

SSG Deleon was medically evaluated in 2009 and was medically retired. Due to his traumatic brain injury, he has
       post concussion syndrome with migraine headaches. Rovin experiences dizziness, fatigue, memory impairment,
       equilibrium issues, vertigo and attention difficulties. He has severe mood swings, anxiety, amnesia and depression.
       He has also been diagnosed with cognitive disorder. Other ailments include chronic sinus infections, upper
       respiratory allergies, and tinnitus. Rovin also suffered a spinal T-12 compression fracture which gives him
       chronic mid and lower back as well as leg pain.

SSG DeLeon earned the following commendations during his time in the war; the Iraq campaign medal with four
       campaign stars, Army commendation medal (3rd award), Army achievement medal (2nd award), Army good conduct
       medal(2nd award) National defense service medal, Afghanistan campaign medal with two campaign stars, Global War
       on Terrorism service medal, Non Commissioned officer professional development ribbon, Army service ribbon,
       Overseas service ribbon(2nd award), Ranger tab, Combat Infantryman’s badge and Parachutist badge.
    PathfinderMilitaria
    PathfinderMilitaria
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by PathfinderMilitaria Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:41 pm

It could be a 1 battalion rangers. I don't have the Top with me at the moment. It is in the mail to me. I am just going buy what the person who got it for was told. But I bet that is him. Thank you P-E for your assistance.
    PathfinderMilitaria
    PathfinderMilitaria
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by PathfinderMilitaria Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:47 pm

I got the top in my hands. The ranger scroll is a 3rd Ranger scroll. But it does not mean that it isn't him. they is a ranger scroll missing where the SF patch it. He might have been if the 1st ranger then at the end he was in the 3rd rangers. Who knows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am