OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted !

MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward  - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted ! Empty Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted !

Post by MyZone Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Picked these up recently....just something about the French language made me want these.

Oui, Oui

MZ~

Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward  - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted ! 100_9513
    Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward  - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted ! 100_9514

JYN
    JYN

Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward  - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted ! Empty Re: Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted !

Post by JYN Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:37 am

Hello,

Nice and unusual, could be a french canadian production too.

Jean-Yves
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward  - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted ! Empty Re: Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted !

Post by P-E Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Hum, nothing certain but they are not made in France for sure. They may be US or Canadian but I personaly think they are US made. I mean that's write "french" on the reverse, so that let me think they were produced in various language. I guess that every canadian, even if he doesn't speak french, knows that's french language. So I don't think it was necessary to add "french" for a canadian because he would have know this is french. Don't know if you understand what I try to explain here... Another reason that let me think they are US made : the adress, phone number (,...) for contact are only US.

In addition to this, it's write "Usama Bin Laden" and this is the english spelling ; in french, we usually write "Oussama Ben Laden".

There're also 2 big french grammar errors that let me think it had been translated in Fench by an english speaker. Here're the two mistakes :

• "Aux Etats-Unis, vous adressez-vous au FBI [...]". In good french, this is "Aux Etats-Unis, adressez-vous au FBI [...]".

• "Usama Bin Laden a été inculpé dans le meurtre [...]". In correct french, it's "Usama Bin Laden a été inculpé pour le meurtre [...]"

Those grammar errors are mistake that a french speaker won't do.

Neat little item - Most Wanted / Reward  - Books of Matches in French....Bin Laden Wanted ! 100_9510

Hope this helps !

P-E
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 pm

That it does....great thought and analysis !

Thanks,
    MZ
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm

There are several versions of these for Saddam and UBL. I have at leaset 3 or 4 of them in Arbic, pashtu, and dari. This particular one cites the Kenya bombing and likely predates the 9/11 ones that I have. Since you have more than one I'll trade you one of mine for one of yours? I'll bring them in so you can take your pick. I'll post all of mine for the forum to see as well.

Tom

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:32 am